1960 Lark horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1960 Lark horns

Hi, new to the forum. Have a 1960 Lark 2 door hardtop v8 vehicle that was purchased from a dear friend who passion was Studebakers after his passing away. The car was a rolling chassis, the body work was not done, and we got box, after box of parts. Car is very close to being done except for a few nagging issues. One issue is where do the horns go? or in my case it looks like I only have one horn. Still need to find out placement, and do we have to tear much of car apart to install.

Keith from Colorado

I don't know if they came with one or two horns.but I believe they all mount on the top inner edge of the grill panel "I think you'll see a couple raised areas,and the horn tab fit between where bolted.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC form Keith!
      We always welcome New Forum Members here and hope you are or will be an SDC Member, you will very much enjoy your monthly Copy of our "Turning Wheels" Publication.

On your front Grille Panel on passenger side, there two raised "humps" with a hole in the center for the bolt. this keeps the Horn straight with only one bolt.

The same situation exists on the Left Inner Fender, below the Battery for the Optional Horn, Regals got a Hi Tone and a Lo tone, marked on the Delco Horns. Some later years used Sparton Brand.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-03-2016, 11:58 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Look at post #134 here, there is a close up of the upper mounted horn. As Rich said the other mounts below the battery; both brackets are different and it's easy to see which goes where. Also there should be a pigtail that plugs to the horn nearby.
        All right folks, if you have a 1960 Lark (or know of one) - lets see them. Put up all the information you have and a photo or two would be icing on the cake. Please leave out any personal information - someone can pm you if they want to "talk." Dates in ( ) are when the vehicle was added to the thread - all you need

Comment

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
          Look at post #134 here, there is a close up of the upper mounted horn. As Rich said the other mounts below the battery; both brackets are different and it's easy to see which goes where. Also there should be a pigtail that plugs to the horn nearby.
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...registry/page4
          Thanks Brucestude, can't get any clearer than that.....

Comment

Working...
          X