head I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head I.D.

who has a mccord head gasket book? i got a head and gasket in a truckload of stude parts. it is a mc5895 the head is about 3.5 bore 6cyl. thanks dan

This may not be a Stude part. Maybe my McCord book is too new, but all the head gasket numbers in it start with a '6'. The number 5895 with prefix letters for full set or valve grind set does show up in a Victor interchange book. It shows McCord OH-5895 (and suffix -1 also) interchanging to Victor FS 7237 B. And it shows McCord VG-5895 interchanging with Victor HS 7237 B.
    The Victor numbers apply to 1935-40 Nash and Lafayette! You might ask on the AACA forum too. Are there any casting numbers on the head?

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

This may not be a Stude part. Maybe my McCord book is too new, but all the head gasket numbers in it start with a '6'. The number 5895 with prefix letters for full set or valve grind set does show up in a Victor interchange book. It shows McCord OH-5895 (and suffix -1 also) interchanging to Victor FS 7237 B. And it shows McCord VG-5895 interchanging with Victor HS 7237 B.
      The Victor numbers apply to 1935-40 Nash and Lafayette! You might ask on the AACA forum too. Are there any casting numbers on the head?

Dwain G.
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

thanks dwain,thanks that makes sensethe casting is the date6-17-35. i also found a tag that shows 35-40 laf.this head is big like a truck head and looks to be nos.guess i will have to just find enough parts to go with it and make it driveable!!!!!! dan

Comment

thanks dwain,thanks that makes sensethe casting is the date6-17-35. i also found a tag that shows 35-40 laf.this head is big like a truck head and looks to be nos.guess i will have to just find enough parts to go with it and make it driveable!!!!!! dan

Comment

Working...
          X