Dutch Treat Racing Horned Lark Land Speed Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Treat Racing Horned Lark Land Speed Racer

Moving towards completion the Dutch Treat Racing "Horned Lark" is finally moving towards final assembly. The frame has been powder coated and is ready to be re-assembled. Install the 299 CID 800+ HP Studebaker engine with 26 psi supercharger and five speed transmission. Install front and rear suspension. Install interior and a lot of other things and it will be ready to fire up the engine and then its dyno time. Here are some pictures of the frame.

Last picture it is headed home for assembly. Look for more on this exciting project soon. Ed Eckhoff is the owner a wallet and he is getting excited about the progress and just how close this car is to seeing the dirt at El Mirage next year.

I don't think there will be any worry about frame flex.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Dan, are you still the designated driver for this beast?
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ed,

Yes, I am planning to drive it this coming May at El Mirage. Have to renew my licenses so under 150 on first pass. Not even sure if we will come close to that first pass as we will be shaking down the car but you never know. Plans are to test it at a drag strip in the Sacramento area first.
        Dan

Comment

Pictures of the Horned Lark

Here are some pictures of the project taken last year and earlier this year.

Last picture is of Ed Eckhoff the owner of the car.

Comment

Got some pictures today from Ed. Progress is being made. Enjoy the photos.

Comment

wow, crazy amount of first class fab work here!!! Keep us posted. cheers, Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

It's been a long time but progress is being made on the Dutch Treat Lark. Headers are done. One step closer to firing up the engine. Then on to the chassis dyno to break it in and tune it up.

More as it happens.

Comment

Way cool!
                  I hope you don't mind if I post the last pic on "surfacebook"'s Studebakers of Scandinavia group to show a 800+hp Studebaker engine...?

Comment

Great project... I just hope there still usable Salt by the time you get there!

Comment

Nox no problem. Share it anywhere you think people will be amazed or impressed or just curious. This is a work of art engine.
                      Dan

Comment

Wow! What a build. Most impressive.
                        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Just an FYI...

Dan does not own this car.
                          Dan is not building this car.
                          Dan is posting e-mailed pictures of the car sent to him, and a few pic's he took when he visited the race team shop.

Ed Eckhoff owns the car and is having the car built for him by his race team and a race shop.
                          Ed Eckhoff is the driving force behind this project and Ed will be the one who determines how it is being built and who be driving it.

There is quite a bit of the build information over on the Racing Studebakers Forum.

http://www.racingstudebakers.com/foo...2773&start=180
                          Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 12-18-2017, 05:19 AM. Reason: add correct url link
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

As I stated at the beginning of this forum I am a team member and consultant on this build. Ed and I have worked together along with the engine builder and the chassis fabricator to get this project to completion. I realize it has been a seven year project but as you can see it is getting closer to being raced. I will be going up to be there when the engine is fired up for the first time and then hope to be there for the chassis dyno testing. I have a vested interest in the engine part of this build as the same engine builder is doing all the machine work and more on the engine for the Packard Hawk Bonneville car. Hope to learn a lot about this engine and transfer that information to the engine for the Hawk. Hope this and Jeff's post clears up any misconceptions people might have had.
                            Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X