Lark front fender question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark front fender question

Since my friend has not answered me yet,I will ask you guys! WHAT,if any,besides the obvious trim holes,are the differences between 59-60 Lark fenders,and 60-63 Lark fenders?TIA,and Happy New Year!!!

Being that I do have one of each year...but have not had either off of the cars...visually...on my two Lark wagons...nothing.
    The small belt line trim is the same on the front fenders. It "is" different just behind the back of the door (both 2dr wagons). On the 59 the height change starts with a hard corner. On the 60, it starts its upward swing with a radius rather than the sharp corner on the 59.
    The cabin air inlet on the front panel (beside the headlights) is a little different but fully interchangeable. The grill in the "early" 59's are different than the late 59's and 60's.

There's other differences as far as the wagons are concerned...but it's all behind the door.

Hope that helps some.

Mike

Comment

Being that I do have one of each year...but have not had either off of the cars...visually...on my two Lark wagons...nothing.
      The small belt line trim is the same on the front fenders. It "is" different just behind the back of the door (both 2dr wagons). On the 59 the height change starts with a hard corner. On the 60, it starts its upward swing with a radius rather than the sharp corner on the 59.
      The cabin air inlet on the front panel (beside the headlights) is a little different but fully interchangeable. The grill in the "early" 59's are different than the late 59's and 60's.

There's other differences as far as the wagons are concerned...but it's all behind the door.

Hope that helps some.

Mike

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Since my friend has not answered me yet,I will ask you guys! WHAT,if any,besides the obvious trim holes,are the differences between 59-60 Lark fenders,and 60-63 Lark fenders?TIA,and Happy New Year!!!
        The lower rear section of the front fenders on 1959-1960 Larks is different than that section on 1962-1963 Larks. They have a different length and curvature. The difference is to mate up to the different width rocker panels.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

The lower rear section of the front fenders on 1959-1960 Larks is different than that section on 1962-1963 Larks. They have a different length and curvature. The difference is to mate up to the different width rocker panels.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
          X