Stolen Desoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Desoto

Please help. Eric races with us at the Studebaker Drags. Keep a lookout for his Desoto and trailer. Pioneer Village is located in northern Bullitt County KY off I65 south of Louisville.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Sat morning around 3am somebody stole my enclosed trailer out of a secured storage lot and got the Desoto Too.* Its not a mustang so they cant cut it up and sell parts. They can only strip it and crush the rest. Just trying to get the word out. Eric
    2017, 24ft Enclosed, V-nose, two tone, dark grey/black separated by a 4 inch stainless steel Strip. Inside was the 1952 Baby Blue, 4Dr Desoto. They?, stole it from We Storage in Pioneer Village KY and we don’t know where it was taken, They took the trailer not knowing was inside (I suspect) and got the car. *The vehicle was a mid 80-ish chev/gmc, dark 2 tone pick up with something blacked out on the door. That’s it for now. Eric
    Attached Files
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Perhaps if those of us living along connecting interstate corridors will do a craigslist search for "enclosed trailers," we might get lucky and find it advertised. The car might be simply dumped and abandoned. Nationwide, I think scrap yards have begun to tighten up on folks bringing "undocumented" vehicles without appropriate paperwork. Here, regardless of your scrap, your photo is taken with each delivery.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks John, both good ideas! It would be great if we could find this for him.
      Richard
      The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Man, with that paint scheme, it ought to stand out like a sore thumb...and anything that big can't be easily hidden. 'Hope "we" can find it.

(Does he have the license plate number? That would help confirm a sighting, like if it was seen in motion along the interstate.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Too bad the owner did not have razor blades strategically located under the door lift handles of the trailer. That would probably make it easier to spot the thief for the next couple of weeks. I live about 30 miles from where it was stolen, and will keep an eye out.

Comment

............................................. even though sight of that would make Me squeamish !

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            Too bad the owner did not have razor blades strategically located under the door lift handles of the trailer. That would probably make it easier to spot the thief for the next couple of weeks. I live about 30 miles from where it was stolen, and will keep an eye out.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I had a pretty good reply going and the stupid box blew it ...... I'll try again.

Start searching Craigslist for Desoto Parts and a trailer....
              No use looking local, they're probably not that Stoopid....... maybe.

Try using Searchtempest or something like that and widen your search to at least 400 miles...
              do you have the serial# of the trailer? The car is likely cut up....

There were some morons here stealing boats to get the trailers and selling them for scrap metal..... a smart scrap man finally called police when they got a little too familiar.

This just scared me, as I have an airplane in a similar sized trailer parked close to my house. I do have a tongue lock and my boat is in front of it, but if someone is bold enough to steal from a secure storage facility, then they're likely to drive by someone's house and do the same.

A friend just informed me that some moron stole the wings and tail off his airplane and left the fuselage.... Sickos

Comment

I'm sure you have photos of the truck, but how did they get in? usually there's a code that includes your unit number...... maybe could track that way if they're stupid enough to use a code to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Man, with that paint scheme, it ought to stand out like a sore thumb...and anything that big can't be easily hidden.
                  What that trailer really needed is a bold, BIG AL'S SEWER & DRAIN CLEANING vinyl wrap, along with graphic pictures of toilets being unclogged, etc.,

Craig

Comment

I feel for you as I lost my Factory Hot Rod SRT8 Magnum to thieves a year ago. Hand washed/waxed and cherished from new and then after using it in a variety of robberies, they burned it a month later. I can't put in print what I think should happen to these out of control crack heads which are above the law. Here in Canada, we too seem to have an "injustice system" where there is no penalty.
                    Bill

Comment

Buzzard Sorry for your loss. I agree on the injustice system and long for the good old Cool Hand Luke Days. One thing that needs to be brought back.

Comment

They could have stolen it for the DeSoto grille. Try checking what hotrodders pay for those...!
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I'd do a craigslist search all (searchtempest) for Desoto parts and see what pops up.....

Then start tracking her down. a piece at a time.

crack enough skulls and you'll find the thieves.

Comment

Update:

Richard, some keen eyes spotted my car trailer yesterday here in Louisville and got in touch with me. I notified the police and they met me at the location. Although the trailers vin plate had been removed and the inside cleaned. An observant Officer picked up 2 pieces of paper from the floor of the trailer. The thieves had left 2 of the Desoto’s time slips from US 60 Dragway on the floor of the trailer. So, I did get my trailer, but no car as of yet. I still have my fingers crossed.
                            Local law enforcement *has done a news story and shown the video from the storage facilities surveillance video and pictures of some of the stolen articles. I also have a post on Louisville’s Craigslist. Under for sale, just type in Desoto and the ad comes up. I listed the Vin and a lot of the parts in case they try to part it out. I put a $1000.00 Reward on it also.
                            Thanks for all your help in getting the word out and thanks to all of the Studebaker Drivers Club members for their encouraging words. The old car was a 25 year journey that allowed us to cross paths with a lot of great people through the years. Many of whom I remain in contact with today.
                            I will keep you posted on updates as I get them, Thx again, Eric

Comment

That's great news, Richard. Thanks for the update. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X