PDA

View Full Version : Trim Moldings

Captain Billy
11-21-2016, 09:15 AM
What year did they switch from cast to stainless on C/K bodies for cowl and belt line moldings?

Thanks in advance

swvalcon
11-21-2016, 10:08 AM
I dont think they ever did. The lower cowl moldings are chrome plated pot metal on my 64 hawk. The uppers though are stainless that surround the windshield. There are no belt line moldings just the tops of the fenders and run back to the tail lights. They where that way from 62 on.

Bo Markham
11-21-2016, 10:42 AM
What year did they switch from cast to stainless on C/K bodies for cowl and belt line moldings?

Thanks in advance

1955 only. All others use chromed pot metal.

Studeous
11-21-2016, 11:00 AM
1955 Coupe only. They look nice, but don't exactly fit right at the front of the doors on a hardtop. I just installed some.

Captain Billy
11-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks Bo + Studeous, are the molding clips different...and are they available?

6hk71400
11-21-2016, 05:25 PM
I wish my 55 hardtops had the stainless. Both are real "pimply" and figure lots o money to get right. Or I could fill the mounting holes and call it factory experimental.
Bruce Sandburg has a 61 Hawk and the belt line on his car is stainless. It does not look like any other I have seen but it looks good on the Hawk. His car was a first place winner in class in Nashville way back when.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

StudeRich
11-21-2016, 07:15 PM
I wish my 55 hardtops had the stainless. Both are real "pimply" and figure lots o money to get right. Or I could fill the mounting holes and call it factory experimental.
Bruce Sandburg has a 61 Hawk and the belt line on his car is stainless. It does not look like any other I have seen but it looks good on the Hawk. His car was a first place winner in class in Nashville way back when. Bob Miles Tucson AZ

So the Judges missed the '55 "C" Body Belt Line Mouldings. :ohmy: Lets see 2 Points X 4 = -8

3x2stude
11-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Bill,

PM me and give me your contact info. I parted out a 55 C body Regal this summer and saved all the stainless and clips. I have it all documented well as to where the clips went with dimensions photographically. I have good shots of the clips themselves as well. I am building a 53 rod and intend to use it on that car. I do have some extra 55 trim I would sell as I have been collecting it for a while, no extra clips though. One shot below.

JK60122