Radio parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Radio parts

Several years ago, I heard of a guy named Dan Skidmore who restored radios and had parts for them. Does anyone know if he's still around and have his contact info?

Dan is still around. I believe he runs an ad in Turning Wheels every month.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

You can contact "Bud" Bud here on the Forum who also does Dan's Electrical/Functional rebuild process.

If I understand correctly, my Friend Bud does not do the Cosmetic restorations or have some of the Parts needed for that.

Some of the Glass Lenses, Knobs and cosmetic Radio Parts are now at S.I.

Bud lives in Hawthorne, Calif. the former Home of Northrop Aircraft Corp. the Beach Boys, AND some Guy that goes by StudeRich!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 11-17-2016, 10:59 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dan is still in the radio restoration business and has had many of the cosmetic parts necessary to restore Studebaker radios to their original condition reproduced, his ad is in Turning Wheels. If you need parts for the electronics section of the radio, that is my department. Bud

Comment

As an added note, I can do the cosmetic restoration, but I still get the parts from Dan as he is the one that supplies the majority of the radio restoration parts to Studebaker parts vendors. Hey Rich, thanks for the thumbs up. Bud

Comment

Hey Bud, I have a 50 champion with a radio that some company in Florida converted to modern internal components. It doesn't work and they're no help. Is this something you can help me with?

Comment

Send me a PM with your phone number, I'll give you a call and we can talk about your radio. Bud

Comment

Working...
              X