No announcement yet.

Can't find a part. Try Studebaker Int.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find a part. Try Studebaker Int.

I have been looking unsuccessfully for a #54 power by-pass jet for the Golden Hawk Stromberg WW 6-121 A carburetor. Seems nobody has any for those WW carbs. I contacted numerous carburetor repair businesses and posted on several forums with no results.
    I placed an order with SI and asked if they might have the part and gave them the part number? They said they would look. Well they called to confirm my shipping address and I asked if they had found the jet. The individual said "it is on the invoice". I couldn't believe it. The parts arrived yesterday and I opened the box hoping not to find the part NLA or even the wrong part. Low and behold it was a NOS #54 jet.
    This is not the only time I have experienced SI having a rare part. The other time was when at the South Bend swap meet a few years ago I was selling left over Speedster parts when a guy purchased the used gauges and told me he had just purchased a NOS Speedster ABS dash. Of course I called and found they had only had one. It had never occurred to me to ask- duh!
    Someone who had learned from previous experience would have checked SI first. Just because it is not in the catalog doesn't mean they don't have it.
    Posted by a slow learner

Their catalog only lists their most popular parts. They inherited a huge supply of small quantities of other stuff, some of which was one or two of a kind, from SASCO/N&A. A lot of that was left over from the production line and was not neatly packaged with part numbers or other ID. Inventorying that stuff takes a lot of time, and may still not be done. There was really no sense in them listing such rare parts in the catalog, so it's always worth while to call them to check.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

We are truly blessed to have Studebaker International.
      They've helped me many times over the years with locating obscure parts.
      Thank you SI staff!
      We are fortunate that the Studebaker Parts Dept. wasn't loaded into dumpsters and hauled away when the doors closed.
      Thanks go to Newman & Altman!
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
        we are truly blessed to have studebaker international.
        They've helped me many times over the years with locating obscure parts.
        Thank you si staff!
        We are fortunate that the studebaker parts dept. Wasn't loaded into dumpsters and hauled away when the doors closed.
        Thanks go to newman & altman!

AMEN TO THAT! ... Now if only someone would have had the foresight to latch onto the sheet metal stamping molds.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I was in need of replacements for my worn flyweights for my GM window type distributor and called S.I. first before searching online for them. Incidentally, the online search yielded nothing concrete. I received O.E.M. weights two weeks later in their original SP envelope. I've added the envelope to my miscellaneous Studebaker collection. S.I. has been instrumental in securing unadvertised parts for me numerous times. Very satisfied with their efforts. I've also used our Studebaker Vendors although I find some of the sites difficult for this computer novice to navigate. I recommend both!

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            AMEN TO THAT! ... Now if only someone would have had the foresight to latch onto the sheet metal stamping molds.

When I was in South Bend in 1968 Hurwich Iron Works was busy cutting up the stamping dies they received as scrap from SASCO.
            They also had a pile of sheet metal and I drug some "C"
            cab rear fenders and dented Hawk left front fenders out of the pile and paid Bennie cash $10.00 each.
            Those were the good old days.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

They are one of the best. When I wasn't able to find a part through a forum member they have had everything I needed for my lark. Quick shipping and Very nice people to deal with!

Comment

Working...
              X