1960 Red Champ Pickup STOLEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Red Champ Pickup STOLEN

Just had a call from an SDC member in Louisiana, near New Orleans. His red 60 Champ stepside pickup went missing within the past month. It had its engine and trans out and was being rebuilt. Truck is red, body is real good. VIN E5129033. Went missing from his mechanic's home when the mechanic was away for a while, and returned to find the truck gone, and reported it missing. Any information leading to locating the truck would be much appreciated. Call Harold at 985-707-2518. It has been reported to the police and is listed on national list but any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ann - TW
    AT

Dang! Hope it didn't go to the crusher.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

One more reason to put one of those new satellite locators on our old cars. Car goes missing it will tell you right where it is. Can't you just picture the look on the thieves face when you show up with the police and want your car back.

Comment

Yes that is a great idea swvalcon.. I use them on my luggage, phone, computer bag, cargo trailers, cars and trucks .. They are very cheap insurance ..
        Love my Lark

Comment

The ones for your luggage and keys are bluetooth and have a limited range.
          The ones that used a satellite signal take a larger battery and some of the cheaper ones do not last long.
          The best is to use one that hardwires into the wire harness.
          Maybe you can use an old phone that has a GPS and hardwire it.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
            The ones for your luggage and keys are bluetooth and have a limited range.
            The ones that used a satellite signal take a larger battery and some of the cheaper ones do not last long.
            The best is to use one that hardwires into the wire harness.
            Maybe you can use an old phone that has a GPS and hardwire it.

Robert Kapteyn
            So.. if the battery gets disconnected, then the locator stops working?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I like the old phone Idea.... got a couple blackberries lying around....HMMMMMMM

Comment

Ron The one that I was looking at has it's own battery and is hot wired to hold a charge. They claim 6-12 months use on a full charge if hot wire battery is disconnected It costs if you use the locator service and you get two free with the unit. Cost would still be less then the cost of the car and if stolen I'am sure if the guy has anything at all you could take him to court and recover the cost of the locator look up. Only thing that bothers me is if the car was to get parked somewhere that it can't be picked up by your phone. A smart phone or lap top is suppose to work to give you the address of the locator.

Comment

I am having good luck with a free locator service.
                  http://owntracks.org for Apple or Android .

If you have an iPhone you can use "find my friends"
                  or find Iphone.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
                  X