Need help identifing horn "ring"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifing horn "ring"

Hello, I need the forum's help to identify the year and model that my horn "ring" came off of. I've had it for almost 50 years, time I knew exactly what it belonged to.

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030687.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	1752141

I also have one of those but not sure what year , it will be good to find out !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jim R View Post
        Hello, I need the forum's help to identify the year and model that my horn "ring" came off of. I've had it for almost 50 years, time I knew exactly what it belonged to.

Thanks in advance!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59967[/ATTACH]
        I believe that is for a 1941 Champion. Could also be used on M-Series trucks if the truck was purchased with the more fancy banjo steering wheel option.

1947 Studebaker M-5
        1946 Studebaker M-5
        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
        1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

That would be a just the Trim Emblem or "Cover" from a "Horn Button", or Horn Ring Center.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I looked at the August 2008 issue of Turning Wheels but it only covers horn buttons made after 1946. It does mention Fred Fox's article in the April 1983 issue of Turning Wheels but I can't locate that issue. Maybe someone has it. I think Brian is right that it was from a 41 Champion but can't substantiate.

Comment

Thanks guys for all of your input and pictures! After thinking about the horn button more, I believe I remember the man who gave me the car said it was a 1939 Champion.

Comment

Working...
              X