GT Hawk body mount locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: GT Hawk body mount locations

I know that this has probably been covered several times in the past, but I've not found any info doing searches. I have a '64 GT Hawk that I want to mount the body on the frame (the po had it off and disassembled when I bought it), and I haven't been able to figure out the exact mounting locations. The manual isn't specific as it covers all the body types in one diagram. I think there could be as many as 10 mounts per side, or maybe only a few. Does anyone know exactly how many are used and which ones they are? Thanks guys, Bill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64chasp422s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1710042There are 21, or there abouts. Three in the trunk, two at the cowl, two (one)at each end of the "batwing" cross member. Two under the rear seat. Two behind the front seat. Four in front of the front seats . Two from the bottom the the front leaf spring mounts. A couple from under the frame to the torque boxes.
    Look at the K body page of the shop manual, It does not share pics with any other body style.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks Brad, I knew I'd get good info! Bill

Comment

If I remember right there was also one on mine in the center of the rear shock mount cross member.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
          If I remember right there was also one on mine in the center of the rear shock mount cross member.
          That's the three in the trunk.....one in each corner, and the one in the center of the top hump, over the shock mount cross member.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X