Anybody need a 1956 GH trunk lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody need a 1956 GH trunk lid?

I have a '56 Golden Hawk trunk lid that I acquired years ago, thinking I could modify it to fit a '62-'63 GT Hawk. I have since decided it would be better to keep looking for a decent GT deck lid or fix mine, I think it would be a shame to hack a good usable '56 lid if somebody needs one. The good news is, it is not rusty or bent, very solid metal. The bad news is, it has mounting holes drilled into it for backup lights and it has a lot of small dents. I wasn't worried about the backup mounting holes since they could be welded and covered by the GT trim panel and likewise, the lock position could be modified. I even acquired a piece of deck lid ribbed metal to make matching patches but I just can't bring myself to hurt something that someone else might be able to use. Trade for a GT deck....

I have a good 1963 GT deck lid to trade or sell but I can not ship.
    I am on Interstate 80 along the way to South Bend if you can pick it up on the way to the meet next year.
    I have a large amount of good used and N.O.S. sheetmetal such as Hawk and Lark fenders and I am thinking about having a sheet metal sale for people that can pick it up.
    I will try to make a list but most of it would be postwar.
    I have a 1940 Champion hood and some 1937 rear fenders and hoods.
    Robert Kapteyn
    815 212 2389 text
    studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Working...
    X