Parts for Ross box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Parts for Ross box

Does anyone out there have a spare Ross steering box for a 63/64 Avanti? Or I am looking for some shims # 1557621, 1557620,1557619 . I also may be needing 1556013 bearings and 1542674 cups. Thanks for your help this is for Avanti R 1001 Lou Cote four 2 five 3 two two six 5 nine 2

Ross steering boxes were found in a lot of industrial apps. i found Champ PU parts in a Baker fork lift parts book. Luck Doofus

Comment

I have been doing more research,will also try Red Head Steering gear rebuilders but there not open weekends. Anyone with the needed parts out there,we need to continue forward on this project. Thanks Lou Cote

Comment

When this was on the car I grabbed the coupler and turned it felt rough. I removed it from the car, disassembled it, cleaned the muck out.cleaned the housing and all other parts. Installed new seals , reassembled, used the JD corn head grease -- still hard to turn. If I back off on the 4 top bolts it turns fine. I think I need more shims. Lou Cote PS the inch lbs torque wrench will be in this afternoon

Comment

Make your own shims! Doofus

Comment

Brad Bez, do you have any shims? Warren is going to e mail you about this. Thanks Lou Cote

Comment

Bump up so that more recent viewers can access this thread. Lou Cote

Comment

Working...
              X