Can anyone identify part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Can anyone identify part

Hi everyone can anyone identify this part a few clunks with tans when shifting from D to P and moved forward and this was under car,, Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0395.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1752119

Sorry, I've never seen a part like that in a Stude.

Comment

its a 62 GT hawk V8, not sure where its from,i recently installed a new sump gasket, could it be from the rear main bearing , it seem to be a spacer or something rotates around it,

Comment

inside diameter is 20 mm ,3/4 inch approx 45mm od,,,, 1 3/4 od

Comment

It looks sort of like a fragment of a thrust bearing from inside a manual transmission. If it came off your car at all, I'm thinking it was a piece of something, used as a shim under the left side rubber mount between the bell housing and frame crossmember. There is supposed to be a half-inch thick steel washer there, but maybe some prior owner put in stack of whatever?
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thanks gordr i will check it out but only thing going against that theory is that it was clean as a whistle and had fresh oil on it when i found it

Comment

Thanks everyone for the reply, Problem solved Starter motor **** itself and part fell through the houseing ,, never ending , thoroughly loving it but so testing ,

Comment

Working...
              X