• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPC Museum Permanently Closing

Walter P. Chrysler Museum Permanently Closing:

Originally posted by 556063 View Post
    Walter P. Chrysler Museum Permanently Closing:

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/10/w...ntly-official/
    Well, that's progress for you. Hail the new, throw out, throw away, forget the old. To bad, really. Yet, another assault on the ole car hobby.
    Bo

Comment

I think that it would be appropriate for Fiat-Chrysler to transfer the collection of the Walter P. Chrysler museum to the Walter P. Chrysler Boyhood Home Museum in Ellis, Kansas .

The curators of the Chrysler Museum in Kansas would probably need to rent a few quonsets and farm buildings around the county to store the entire collection, but they will figure something out. It would get a lot of traffic since the boyhood home museum is near I-70, right in the center of the nation.
      John
      1950 Champion
      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
      Holdrege NE

Comment

The more I think about this idea, the more sense it makes. McPherson College, home of one of the nation's premier auto restoration technician training programs, could help maintain the collection.

McPherson is about 140-150 miles from Ellis. I'm sure that Fort Hayes State College, which is just 15-20 miles from Ellis, no doubt has design and engineering programs that Fiat-Chrysler could partner with as well. Wouldn't that be a nice outcome?
        Last edited by Lothar; 11-10-2016, 09:26 PM.
        John
        1950 Champion
        W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
        Holdrege NE

Comment

What is happening to the auto industry and hobby makes me think about livery stables, people with large collections of fine carriages and the like. I am sure they were all sad and upset to see it all change.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

As I was going to be in Michigan I checked a few months ago about visiting WPC Museum and it appeared that it was only open on specific occasions as determined by Fiat-Chrysler. I hope that somehow the collection becomes available to the public in the future.
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
            X