Can You Spot Any Studebaker(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Spot Any Studebaker(s)?

OK, class: Can you spot any Studebakers in the early part of this video promoting The Purdue Alumni Association?

You have to look quickly in the opening 30-45 seconds. I think the large black car wholly visible at the curb early on (not neccessarily the first one seen, which is off to the left) is a prewar President or Commander. There might be other Studes as well. (As soon as they "cut" to the current promotion, you can close the video because that's the end of the old-timey footage.)

(Admittedly, it's a long shot: I can't confirm any of the cars being Studebakers, but it seems likely. There were always a disproportionately-high number of Studebakers on Purdue University's main campus in West Lafayette IN: Being an Engineering School in Studebaker's home state, slide-rule-endowed, plastic-pocket-protector engineering types tended to gravitate toward Studebaker's mechanical superiority! My Tahiti Coral 1959 Lark Regal hardtop -again, that's a non-post for younger members- was among the many Studebakers on campus in the 1960s.) [^] BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

You would have to have a very fast eye to distinguish which one of those 1930's and early 1940's boxes is a Stude. they all look the same, if they were late 1940's or 50's I could pick them out! [V]

I see a whole line of em in front of the school building, some of em have to be Studes! Still frame would help! [:0]

Is your check in the mail Bob? I almost wrote one myself after watching that impressive Alumni Association Donation promotion thing!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You would have to have a very fast eye to distinguish which one of those 1930's and early 1940's boxes is a Stude. they all look the same, if they were late 1940's or 50's I could pick them out! [V]

I see a whole line of em in front of the school building, some of em have to be Studes! Still frame would help! [:0]

Is your check in the mail Bob? I almost wrote one myself after watching that impressive Alumni Association Donation promotion thing!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Your eyes would have to be as fast as a Speedway President to pick a Studebaker from that video! Unfortunately mine eyes are about '27 Erskine speed.
        AND the video was obviously shot out the back window of an old convertible - with the plastic window still zipped up.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
        47 M-5
        Izzer Buggy
        Junior Wagon
        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Your eyes would have to be as fast as a Speedway President to pick a Studebaker from that video! Unfortunately mine eyes are about '27 Erskine speed.
          AND the video was obviously shot out the back window of an old convertible - with the plastic window still zipped up.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
          47 M-5
          Izzer Buggy
          Junior Wagon
          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Sorry for the quality, guys; that's the way it was sent to me. 'Still enjoyable to view the old piece(s), though, I think...and thanks for the donation(s) in my name (HA!). BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sorry for the quality, guys; that's the way it was sent to me. 'Still enjoyable to view the old piece(s), though, I think...and thanks for the donation(s) in my name (HA!). BP

Comment

Working...
              X