Mallory ZC Double Life Distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallory ZC Double Life Distributor

I'm not going to use this but someone needs to jump on this deal.

Len

Wow, that is a good deal. Got one of those NOS, but that is a great price for a piece of vintage speed equipment.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Shows it is not available.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

No... my son's Avanti had been converted to one of these when we got it... note there are no "towers" on the unique distributor cap. It takes all special Mallory parts. Today it may be easy to locate such but when we got his this definitely wasn't the case. There are better options today, imho.

Comment

Sorry if that was a wild goose chase. Wonder why they still list it or if someone snapped it up early?

Len

Comment

Did I not hear that Mallory are out of business now? Another cap etc could be hard to find.
            Bob
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Mallory was purchased by MSD. For a while Mallory products were still sold before discontinued and are no longer supported.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

MSD are going to reintroduce Mallory products.

"Mallory has been a leading manufacturer of automotive products for nearly 90 years. It has been a staple in the performance industry. Stay tuned as we bring Mallory ignition and distributor lines back!"

Comment

Needless hassle, imho.

Comment

Speedway fishing?

Comment

I sold this one on ebay today:

Comment

have an NOS mallory double life in my 37 chevy , guarantee you worth more than $99.00 new bakelite cap goes for more than that.

Comment

To clarify things, I contacted Speedway and they replied.

Answer:
                          “Sorry this distributor has been discontinued by the manufacturer.”

Although they still list it they don't have it or don't see any coming back in stock. If you search through there catalog it does not come up but I searched the web, outside their site, and found it listed.

I know MSD is going to re-establish Mallory products so hopefully anyone looking for this distributor can find it new.

Len

Comment

Len, if you wish to go to the trouble, you can determine when the Webpage you found the listing on was first posted. Since Web-listings often last dang-near forever, I suspect if you found the posting date, as noted, you might see why you only found the page and distributor via a Websearch but not on any current Speedway page.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
                              Len, if you wish to go to the trouble, you can determine when the Webpage you found the listing on was first posted. Since Web-listings often last dang-near forever, I suspect if you found the posting date, as noted, you might see why you only found the page and distributor via a Websearch but not on any current Speedway page.
                              Thanks for the info but as I don't car too much for having a distributor like this I will not spend any more time finding the details, as you mentioned, but will try doing so on some other webpages I've been chasing up. I often go into the "page source" looking for any details that can help, especially if I am trying to find any deubious intent.

Len

Comment

Working...
                              X