R4 Avanti dyno Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4 Avanti dyno Day

First calibration run on the dyno. After the run, changed settings and getting ready for a full run in this 1963 Avanti R4 with Paxton Novi 1,000 supercharger

Video links are not working to embed video, either YouTube or Vimeo on this forum. Watch it from this link to the AOAI Forum:

First calibration run on the dyno. After the run, changed settings and getting ready for a full run in this 1963 Avanti R4 with Paxton Novi 1,000 supercharger Changed timing and leaned out the carburetors for a new dyno run for a 63 Avanti R4 supercharged, paxton Novi 1000.

Last edited by lschuc; 11-05-2016, 08:34 PM.
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

It appears that the point was not to measure the Torque and Horsepower.
    Calibrating the Carbs.? Ya mean my screwdriver won't do the job?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sweet!
      That is going to be an awesome ride....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Damn that sounds great!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I have to rework the AC, and alternator belt wrap,(add an idler pulley), for the serpentine belt drive.
          The pulley we had on the supercharger only put out 5lbs boost, so that has to change. Re jetted, but still dialing it in. made 250 RWHP ...hope to better 350 RWHP.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Changed timing and leaned out the carburetors for a new dyno run for a 63 Avanti R4 supercharged, paxton Novi 1000.

Changed timing and leaned out the carburetors for a new dyno run for a 63 Avanti R4 supercharged, paxton Novi 1000.
            Lew Schucart
            Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Lew, is that the owner or operator of the Dyno that is operating the Avanti?

Any H.P. numbers on that run?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's sure nice to see this kind of activity in Stude circles. I know it costs more than the brand X transplant but it shows a lot about the owner's and builder's perseverance. I sure like it!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Lew, is that the owner or operator of the Dyno that is operating the Avanti?

Any H.P. numbers on that run?
                  Yes, this is the owner of the dyno who is operating the Avanti in his shop. It was mostly run to help dial in the carbs, ignition and blower. Got an initial 250 rear wheel horsepower this time, with less than 5 pounds of boost. We're changing the Novi pulley to a smaller pulley which should more than double the boost. maybe up to 12 pounds, and hope for 350 rear wheel horsepower.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nels View Post
                  It's sure nice to see this kind of activity in Stude circles. I know it costs more than the brand X transplant but it shows a lot about the owner's and builder's perseverance. I sure like it!

Nels, you'll see this car next weekend at the MCACAN show in Chicago.
                  Lew Schucart
                  Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X