PDA

View Full Version : Install carpet in a 1963 GT Hawk around clutch and brake pedal

Pat Schudel
10-22-2016, 08:41 AM
How do you install carpet around the brake and clutch pedals ?

SN-60
10-22-2016, 08:42 AM
How do you install carpet around the brake and clutch pedals ?

Very carefully! :D

345 DeSoto
10-22-2016, 08:55 AM
I would think that there would be holes in the carpet for the pedals. If not, you would need to lay the carpet down, up to the pedals, then mark on the back where holes would need to be cut (from the back). Once the holes are cut, unbolt the pedals and slip the carpet over the shafts...

Pat Schudel
10-22-2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks just trying to line it up. Carpet set seems to be a little short when placed over trans hump.

rkapteyn
10-22-2016, 10:00 AM
Make sure you contact the seller.
There are many sellers of carpet and some are difficult to fit or do not fit at all.
Let us know where you bought these carpets so we can avoid them
Robert Kapteyh

Pat Schudel
10-22-2016, 10:14 AM
I got the carpet kit from Automotive Interiors.

SN-60
10-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Make sure you contact the seller.
There are many sellers of carpet and some are difficult to fit or do not fit at all.
Let us know where you bought these carpets so we can avoid them
Robert Kapteyh

Bob, Pat didn't say they were 'bad fitting carpets'....His question concerned proper fitment around the brake & clutch pedals shafts.

StudeRich
10-22-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks just trying to line it up. Carpet set seems to be a little short when placed over trans hump.

Bob, Pat didn't say they were 'bad fitting carpets'....His question concerned proper fitment around the brake & clutch pedals shafts.

Ed, I think you missed this one! It does sound like it MAY be a bad fit, best to ask them if they sent the correct Carpet.