Oval Stainless Steel Bumper bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oval Stainless Steel Bumper bolts

Would some kind person on the forum have a source for oval 7/16" by 1 & 1/4" stainless steel bumper bolts?
    I have searched and have observed that generally just the cap of the bolt is stainless.
    Please guys I know I can treat the rest of the bolt with never-seize or other products however I would really like a complete stainless steel bolt.
    I located one company Totally Stainless but they are a bit expensive around $14.00 each without nuts.
    Perhaps this is a proper price. I would appreciate your input.
    Regards,
    Mark
    PS The 59 Lark panel delivery is just about there!!!!!!!!!!!

The oval head stainless bumper bolts are a great look!...Factory Stude versions are as you mentioned, a stainless cap installed over a steel bolt.

Frankly, I would use the Stude versions and a bit of never-seize, as you described.

Comment

The problem with aftermarket Bumper Bolts may be that, they do not match the special Oval Shape of the OEM correct Studebaker sourced Bolts. I would choose Correct Stainless capped Steel over Wrong looking solid stainless any day of the week.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Try Amazon?
        Bill L.
        1962 GT Hawk

Comment

As a "second opinion" I'd go with all stainless if I could find 'em and never look back!!! All the best. (p.s. and, with solid stainless if you could find large enough round ones you could always make your own oval, if need be )

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            The problem with aftermarket Bumper Bolts may be that, they do not match the special Oval Shape of the OEM correct Studebaker sourced Bolts. I would choose Correct Stainless capped Steel over Wrong looking solid stainless any day of the week.
            I'm with StudeRich on this, the factory item was nicely done, and you can buff then up on a polishing wheel if you like. And stainless does not provide the same strength characteristics as steel.

Chris.

Comment

Just for everyone's info I did find a company that produces 7/16" stainless oval bumper bolts and that is at http://shop.totallystainless.com/
              Thank you for all of your comments.
              Regards,
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X