PDA

View Full Version : California Hot Rod Reunion

j.byrd
10-21-2016, 04:56 PM
My pal is up at this event and has already called about several Studebaker (and other) items in the swap meet part of it this morning. Sounds like a fantastic meet ! Look at this set he found during his wandering around, I should have paddled over there, ha !

52 Ragtop
10-21-2016, 08:42 PM
You and Scritch should have gone! I'm sure he knows almost everybody there!! LOL

Jim

j.byrd
10-21-2016, 09:13 PM
You're right Jim, and I wish we could have ! He's found an NOS box with an electrical voltage reducing unit in it up there in all his stash that he is going to bring over in the morning. He said it is what you guys used in all the 6 to 12 volt conversions you did.....BUT, he knows that I am about as electrically knowledgeable as a rock, so I'm treating him very suspiciously. I think he wants me to short out my "new" Studebaker and then he can jump in and buy it for a song to make a hot rod out of it, ha !! Hope you're doing well, I'll tell him howdy for ya' !

gordr
10-21-2016, 11:34 PM
I am pretty sure Dick Steinkamp will be there. Look for him.

candbstudebakers
10-22-2016, 02:15 AM
Yes Dick is there as he stopped by here on his way down.

lumpy
10-29-2016, 10:53 PM
25th Ca hot rod reunion was Awesome! Left San Diego with 250 miles on the odometer on my 37 chevy gasser 406 tunnel ram sbc tremec 5 spd . Believe it or not only used 15 gallons of gas :!!:. Went with my pal Butch who has a 41 willys street driven pick up , ran 10.21 @ 130 mph no BS runs on pump gas. 355 small block. Had some old pictures from San Diego raceway " Ramona airport" 1963 with Tommy Ivos 4 engine dragster and Hugh Tuckers Blown Olds Chevy roadster that they signed for me. Swap meet had some really great stuff ! Does anyone remember the Orange Crate ? It was parked in the swap meet! ALL AROUND GREAT WEEKEND:lol:

Stu Chapman
10-30-2016, 10:04 AM
My pal is up at this event and has already called about several Studebaker (and other) items in the swap meet part of it this morning. Sounds like a fantastic meet ! Look at this set he found during his wandering around, I should have paddled over there, ha !

John, check you PMs for an unrelated message. Thanks.

Stu Chapman