PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Windshield Trim

Bbarooo
10-17-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm stuck and probably not for the last time!
I have a 53 C body that I bought in pieces and am trying to put together but the windshield trim was destroyed by prior removal. Anyone know where I could find some or something else that would work in place of, another year that's easier to find? I installed the windshield without it but the gasket just doesn't look right.

StudeRich
10-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately, the Glass and Seal have to come out to install the Stainless Moulding when you find one.
They Lock into the Rubber only BEFORE being installed in the Car.

Most '53 to '61 "C" Body Coupe Mouldings should work.

55coupe
10-17-2016, 09:08 PM
As mentioned trim is installed in gasket or removed with windshield or back window out of car. There are two sizes of trim the thinner you would see almost all of the A pillar the wider would cover most or all of the A pillar. Gaskets and glass are available from our vendors.

Jambo
10-17-2016, 09:14 PM
I would like to bring your attention, there are some beautiful customers that eliminate the trim. I have an excellent example, if I can pull it up, I'll post it.

Jambo
10-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Ok, crap, I meant costumes that are beautiful. I think they bring them into the next century.

Jambo
10-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Ok,I think this site needs some serious updates to help us link to other media..... totally frustrated. .... help

StudeRich
10-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Jambo, you will need to interpret your posts #4 & 5, and 6 as few of us speak Smartphone! :rolleyes:

On our Homepage we have everything that is needed.

Jambo
10-17-2016, 09:47 PM
Ok, direct me. I need help

Jambo
10-17-2016, 09:50 PM
Ok, Washington, how are there so many stude guys there,not being a state till 1904?

Jambo
10-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Jerry Sears, where are you?

Jambo
10-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Ok,just kidding. I lived in lake Quinault in the 70s. I have Washington history that no one, ok very few,know of. 1905worldsfair cool

StudeRich
10-18-2016, 12:21 AM
OK, tell us what Info it is that you need that is frustrating.

I was born in Detroit and I am from/lived in Redondo Beach, Calif. but I STILL don't speak your language. :(

FYI: You can use the "Edit Post" button at the bottom, to update your Posts instead of new ones.
Or the Delete button also at the bottom when in Edit Mode, this Website is VERY user friendly.

gordr
10-18-2016, 01:32 AM
I should have a set or two of windshield trim here from C-body Hawks.

sals54
10-18-2016, 02:19 AM
Jambo, you will need to interpret your posts #4 & 5, and 6 as few of us speak Smartphone! :rolleyes:

On our Homepage we have everything that is needed.

C'mon... time to get a smartphone. Your 13 year old grandkid can teach you how to use it in about 15 minutes. Its not that hard. Believe me, you don't know what you're missing if you don't already have one.
Phone, camera, photo album, weather, appointment calendar, internet, email, flashlight, maps, calculator, and even your daily crossword puzzle, etc etc etc. All in the palm of your hand and taken everywhere you need to go.
I've bought and sold cars and parts on the fly, even while traveling with my phone as my only piece of equipment.

TWChamp
10-18-2016, 04:07 AM
It's too bad smartphones aren't smart enough to NOT work in the hands of a person driving a car.

I still don't even own a cell phone, but may have to look into it one of these days.

Hallabutt
10-18-2016, 05:17 AM
Jambo,

Champion Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jambo,

I don't know if you really want someone to answer your question, but my take on it is that while all parts of the country and, world for that matter, have environmental conditions that cause a car to become unusable, we just have less of them. Since we can use our cars longer means more cars have survived. Several years ago there was a listing by state, showing archival Studebaker license registrations showing that the state of Washington was always among the leaders in Studebaker registrations. This was in spite of the fact that some states had much larger populations.

Ok, Washington, how are there so many stude guys there,not being a state till 1904?

Bbarooo
10-18-2016, 05:33 PM
I knew I was taking a chance putting it all in without the trim since I'd have to remove the glass to add it but I really wanted to see how it looked. The original trim appears to have been ruined by someone prying it off with the glass still in. I used a new gasket from one of the vendors here and didn't use any sealant so hopefully the glass will come out ok. The rear window seal wont lay flat without the trim and I think it will look funny if I add one end without the other.

Jambo, I haven't been able to find gaskets that eliminated the trim, but I do agree that they look nice without.

Gord, If you have a front set you'd sell I would be very interested.

Bbarooo
10-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Anyone know of a good source or used parts vendor that may have some?
Has anyone found a method to seal it without the trim? My rear gasket doesn't look like it sits right.

Dwain G.
10-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Jambo may be a victim of 'auto correct'. I'm sure he was saying 'customs', as in custom cars or customized cars.

rkapteyn
10-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Yes auto correct is dangerous.
If you email your neighbor that you are using his WIFI
because your router quit and autocorrect changes WIFI to wife!

Robert Kapteyn

TX Rebel
10-27-2016, 09:10 PM
I have a good selection of new & used postwar parts & a yard full of parts cars. I have all garnish moldings for c/k cars.

www.studebakersite.com