Studebaker Museum event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Museum event

The Studebaker Museum has a very interesting lecture about South Bend mansions coming up Oct 19.
    I wished I could attend but it is too far for me.
    Some of our new members should be aware of this fantastic museum.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I notice a lot of interesting things at the SNM. I have given up making 1500 mile RT's. Also, the 19th is Cathy's birthday.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        I notice a lot of interesting things at the SNM. I have given up making 1500 mile RT's. Also, the 19th is Cathy's birthday.
        Maybe you can move closer.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Maybe you can move closer.

Craig
          I could, but it won't happen. I do not plan on moving. If I did, it would not be in the direction of South Bend (even though it would be a lot cheaper to live there - taxes, real estate, etc.).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The Studebaker National Museum is WORLD CLASS!!!! My wife and I have visited the museum numerous times while in South Bend for the International Meet. The problem is that we live too far away to visit South Bend very often. We live on Long Island (NY). So, when we're in South Bend, the two places we must visit are the museum and Tippecanoe Place for either lunch or dinner.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

What? …too far …really? In the past 10 days I traveled 2,366 miles to make my pre-winter season check on the progress in "Studebaker Indiana" (a.k.a. South Bend Indiana).

Exactly a week ago this evening I met one-on-one with South Bend Mayor, Pete Buttigieg, to discuss his plans for South Bend and for all its "Studebaker Heritage." We met at the most hallowed place in the Studebaker world …Studebaker Plaza …the very site where it all began …H (Henry) & C (Clem) Studebaker’s blacksmith shop.

Gary & Rog you guys will probably not even recognize Studebaker Indiana when you arrive in May for the 53rd SDC International "MEET" (or are we now calling it a "CONVENTION"?).
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete & Me.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1709481 (click on pic. to enlarge)
              And just in case you think the above pic. was "photoshopped" …the answer is NO
              ...I really am that handsome!!!
              Last edited by 56Golden; 10-14-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Sounds pretty upbeat to me.
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                X