Rebuilding Voltage Regulators.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding Voltage Regulators.....

Does anyone on here know of people who do? I have a Prestolite VBV-6221a for a Studebaker Avanti and a 1971 Delco for a Chevy 350 V-8 (Avanti II).

I Have been able to repair several of the Avanti regulators. There must be someone out there that does this.
    Rob

Comment

I don't know of anyone that still rebuilds voltage regulators. The vast majority of cars and trucks that were built from the mid 70's upward have internal regulators in the alternators which are solid state and not re buildable. The good news is that regulators for both the Avanti and the Chevy are still available and not all that expensive. Bud

Comment

Contact Dave T-Bow, he converts them to electronic, but you must have the original case.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

I just had Ken rebuild a generator for me, came out great, I just sent over the regulator for him to check out as well. I know his site is mostly for Motorcycles, but he does car stuff too.

Comment

Ted, since you are in the Indianapolis area, check with Van's Auto Electric on the near SW side of Indianapolis:

Our Specialties Van’s offers a wide range of electrical solutions for fleets, commercial and industrial equipment, and DIY repairs. Our Brands Our inventory includes products from dozens of leading brands including Prestolite, InPower, ECCO and Xantrex. Contact Us We know our products. Now get to know us! Our team of experts will help make your […]

I don't know if they do regulators, but they did nice custom rebuilds on two of my Daytona's Prestolite alternators, and the alternator on my 1971 Barracuda convertible. Nice work, reasonable prices. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X