PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Deepnhock!

Mohr HP
10-06-2016, 09:59 AM
A couple of weeks ago my family and I were returning from a much needed vacation and our late model truck broke down in rural Georgia. I remembered that Jeff Rice lived nearby, so I called and asked for help. Never mind that I'd never met Jeff, he jumped at the chance to help. Our truck was still running, but in "limp mode", so we didn't need a tow, but at 15 MPH, I knew we'd never get home (200 miles away). Jeff offered any help he could, but what I needed most was local info on who could fix our ailing Duramax diesel and not rip us off. He sent a great recommendation and other helpful info. Ultimately, the truck was fixed, and I got it home-but not before going to Deepnhock acres to see Jeff's operation. I'ts nice to know that when the chips are down, Stude guys are the best.:!:

Commander Eddie
10-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Studebaker folks are the best around. Just another reason to own a Studebaker. :!!:

63 R2 Hawk
10-06-2016, 12:37 PM
We just spent a week in Blairsville, GA as part of our "bucket list" cross country tour. I wish I had thought to set up some contacts with fellow Studebaker folks along the way, I only saw 1 Studebaker in over 8,000 miles of travel across the US. BTW, what was wrong with your Duramax? Our 2004 GMC D'max faithfully pulled our 12,000 lb 5th wheel across the country for the last 6 weeks but I'm always worried about that pesky "limp mode". I added an Air Dog lift pump/filter unit to help avoid contaminated fuel and had the Allison trans upgraded to handle the extra strain. So far I haven't encountered any "limp"problems in the 7 years and 80K miles I've owned it but always concerned about the possibilities......

DEEPNHOCK
10-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Thanks for stopping by. It was a fun visit!
Glad your truck is fixed properly..

A couple of weeks ago my family and I were returning from a much needed vacation and our late model truck broke down in rural Georgia. I remembered that Jeff Rice lived nearby, so I called and asked for help. Never mind that I'd never met Jeff, he jumped at the chance to help. Our truck was still running, but in "limp mode", so we didn't need a tow, but at 15 MPH, I knew we'd never get home (200 miles away). Jeff offered any help he could, but what I needed most was local info on who could fix our ailing Duramax diesel and not rip us off. He sent a great recommendation and other helpful info. Ultimately, the truck was fixed, and I got it home-but not before going to Deepnhock acres to see Jeff's operation. I'ts nice to know that when the chips are down, Stude guys are the best.:!:

Chicken Hawk
10-06-2016, 01:43 PM

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Ted

JoeHall
10-06-2016, 02:08 PM
This a good example of when we could use a, "LIKE" feature here, as there is on Facebook. :!!:

StudeNewby
10-06-2016, 02:17 PM
This a good example of when we could use a, "LIKE" feature here, as there is on Facebook. :!!:

Joe, there is kind-of a "like" feature...just above the OP, right hand side: "Rate This Thread." Have at it!

t walgamuth
10-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Jeff has helped me a lot on my CE. Great guy!

Jeff Deepnhock for president!

Mohr HP
10-06-2016, 06:41 PM
On the Duramax issue, the actual problem was 1 wire in the left injector harness had a dead short, due to age/heat/ chaffing.The computer decided to shut down 4 cylinders, and limit speed to 15 MPH. The truck is a 2005 with 114,000 miles-has never had any breakdowns before. Really surprised me. These trucks are so robust, but the engine compartment wiring is not very well supported. Makes me like the old simple stuff even more.

thunderations
10-06-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm convinced. Canceling AAA and getting a new SDC Roster.............lol How's that for CASO?

rockinhawk
10-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Y'all stop bragging on Jeff so much. I know he's a great guy and all, but we have to live with him down here!

As for president... I think he would make a great one! Of the So. Ga. Chapter SDC!

Colgate Studebaker
10-07-2016, 08:01 AM
It's hard to beat the true good human being that Jeff is. He continually does good deeds for anyone asking his assistance, no matter what the need may be. I'll second the motion for President, of any type! Bill

DEEPNHOCK
10-07-2016, 08:08 AM
STOP IT! Stop it or I'll start talking football.... And bubble training kittens...

It's hard to beat the true good human being that Jeff is. He continually does good deeds for anyone asking his assistance, no matter what the need may be. I'll second the motion for President, of any type! Bill

52 Ragtop
10-07-2016, 08:13 PM
OK Jeff! But I gotta get my 2 cents worth in too! LOL
Jeff has also helped me out a bunch of times! and has never asked for anything in return.

great guy

NO football, we need to boycott the pros! LOl

Jim

Studedude
10-07-2016, 08:32 PM
It's interesting to see comments from other folks relating how Jeff has helped them. Jeff has helped me, as well, but I have to point out that some of those praising his efforts have also stepped up and helped me. Ted has been kind, and Jim helped me limp home from an International meet many moons ago.

But, since we are talking about Jeffers, one of the first times I was treated to SDC Above and Beyond assistance was when I was brand new to the old newsgroup, and requested assistance in finding a windshield wiper motor.

Jeff advised he had one, and requested my address. In a few days, I had a functional motor in hand. I asked Jeff how much I owed him, and he refused payment... said he just wanted to help me with my project.

We had not met, he didn't know me from Adam, but he contributed to my project, just for the sake of doing so. That's pretty darn cool!

Then, he and Carrie adopted me enroute to, and during an International meet. Jeff is not the Lone Ranger when it comes to SDC kindness, but he does help set the standard.

And, I'd vote for him for president in a minute, given the current situation! That's not a political statement, just a vote of confidence for ole' Jeffers.

Kato
10-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Saw this post and had to add my comments. I've got a 62 GT with a LS intake that I have been suspicious of. Jeff has been unbelievably helpful, even offering to swap for a reconditioned stock intake or re machining the LS. It is obvious to me how far Jeff will go to help so I am not surprised with the comments here. Good people need to be recognized and commended and Jeff is definitely such a person.

DEEPNHOCK
10-09-2016, 09:41 AM
You are a wise man to be suspicious of Jeff.
He is just lulling the Stude world by acting nice while searching for that one rich person who will adopt him.

Saw this post and had to add my comments. I've got a 62 GT with a LS intake that I have been suspicious of. <snip>

j.byrd
10-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Dang !!! DEENHOCK must be a pretty neat fellow.... I have written him about a possible manifold "do", know that he has a fabulous looking Coupe Express, he once told me about a Coupe Express deal (but I was unable to make it happen), but after seeing all these comments, I am thinking about bribing him to get him to move over here so we can have him a while, ha ! Jeff, I'll just say congratulations on your reputation and history. Not many folks get that...