Ready for Hershey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for Hershey

So..... I'm as ready as can be for my senior AACA. Leaving for Hershey Pa, on this Thursday. While my car is not an eighty thousand frame off restoration she does look mighty fine. I received my 1st Junior on my first AACA show. Since that show I, painted the dash, Painted some the the interior frame around the windshield, perfect paint matches by the way. Put the correct radiator cap on. Installed a PS piston, the old one was leaking. Installed a new chrome around the ignition switch along with the rubber gasket against the dash. Changed the drivers window. Detailed the engine compartment.,installed new glove box liner. and after painting the dash purchased a new President script for the glove box door. We also adjusted the alignment of the ash trey, glove box door and dash. It was probably never aligned properly from the factory. Installed a newly re-chromed top of passenger door chrome trim. The damn thing cost me $400 just to chrome. Had it done at Pauls Chroming near Pittsburgh. What a great job they did. They also did my wonder bar radio bar. The new bar that came with the corvette trim kit says "wonder bar" on it and the Studebaker wonder bar does not, so I had the original re-chromed also. That cost $125.00.

Also on my list, my new original wonder bar radio is ready to install when I get back. I have all new trim for it and it was sent out and converted to am/fm. I'm told it will be quite powerful but still maintains that AM sound and looks. The 1958 corvette radio trim is still available and is exactly the same as the 58 President. Just have to do a slight modification. The radio knobs will have to be restored. So.... wish me luck. If you're at Hershey look me up! Hope to see you there.
    Jim Rostron

Jim drop by C2B 41-43 and say "Hello" to the Keystone Region folks who will have their 57 Golden Hawk raffle car on display selling tickets for their March drawing. Who knows you may have another Hershey winner.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Didn't see this until now, Sunday at home. Received my senior!

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
      Jim drop by C2B 41-43 and say "Hello" to the Keystone Region folks who will have their 57 Golden Hawk raffle car on display selling tickets for their March drawing. Who knows you may have another Hershey winner.
      Jim Rostron

Comment

Congratulations Jim!
        Beautiful car!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Congratulations on your Senior.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment