Arkansas club's Saturday cruise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas club's Saturday cruise.

I posted this on Facebook, but I know everyone is not on there. As an alternative to the cookout we usually have in October we decided to drive somewhere and eat. After meeting in Conway, Arkansas to get organized, we decided to drive to Russellville, Arkansas by the old two lane highway 64. There were 5 Studes in the group and the weather was perfect. We gave lots of people along the road a good look at our cars.
    We ate at Stoby's restaurant down by the old railroad station in Russellville and got several favorable comments about our Studebakers. A man coming out of a shop across the street was heard to ask his companions "When's the last time you saw even one Studebaker?".
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

There's just something about looking out over the hood of these old road kings...just love that vista.
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Looked like a great time Howard, my 51 Business coupe was bought new in Morrilton.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Nice event!! and great pictures!!
        Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        I posted this on Facebook, but I know everyone is not on there. As an alternative to the cookout we usually have in October we decided to drive somewhere and eat. After meeting in Conway, Arkansas to get organized, we decided to drive to Russellville, Arkansas by the old two lane highway 64. There were 5 Studes in the group and the weather was perfect. We gave lots of people along the road a good look at our cars.
        We ate at Stoby's restaurant down by the old railroad station in Russellville and got several favorable comments about our Studebakers. A man coming out of a shop across the street was heard to ask his companions "When's the last time you saw even one Studebaker?".

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
        studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
          Looked like a great time Howard, my 51 Business coupe was bought new in Morrilton.
          Of course, taking highway 64 we drove right through downtown Morrilton. The first couple of years that I was in college in Russellville, the interstate was not open so I got to know those towns well. Opening Interstate 40 from Conway to Russellville cut an hour off the driving time and it is only about 50 miles. Back then if you got stuck behind a slow vehicle you could wait a long time to be able to pass and you had to stop at traffic lights in several towns.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X