PDA

View Full Version : Cute....

56Golden
10-01-2016, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsQaSKuB6o

PS: Is there something not quite right with that L.H. Kick-panel fit @ 2:01???

stall
10-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Very Cool, thanks for sharing

Stall

BobPalma
10-01-2016, 06:24 PM
:confused: Kick panel? I'm trying to figure out what's with the distinct overdrive control on a 4-speed car!

And if only they had used vinyls that good in the production 1962 Hawk and Daytona models! ;) :cool: BP

56Golden
10-01-2016, 06:51 PM
:confused: Kick panel? I'm trying to figure out what's with the distinct overdrive control on a 4-speed car!

Perhaps it's one of those "Urban Legend" prototypes that never existed???;)

And if only they had used vinyls that good in the production 1962 Hawk and Daytona models! ;) :cool: BP

BTW; did you catch at the 1:54 mark how smoooothly that announcer slipped in (Not genuine Leather) but …"Leather soft bucket seats…"

The actual nomenclature Studebaker Engineering used on the drawings for what we all know as Vinyl was … “Leather – imitation"

56Golden
10-01-2016, 08:29 PM
:confused:<snip> I'm trying to figure out what's with the distinct overdrive control on a 4-speed car! ;) :cool: BP

AND …while you're at it try to figure out that "Urban Legend" …non-existent …one-of-a-kind …'61 1/2 hood?!?!:D

Take a really good look at the hood (beginning at the 1:24 mark) right where the '56 thru '61 Hawk hood scoop attached and the '62-'64 hoods came to a point. What do you see???:ohmy:;)

8E45E
10-01-2016, 08:47 PM
That car is obviously one (or more) of the pre-production prototypes. The scripted grille surround and the ashtrays in the doors never appeared on any production '62 G.T. Hawk.

Craig

64V-K7
10-02-2016, 12:36 AM

You mean the hood release?

BobPalma
10-02-2016, 07:03 AM
You mean the hood release?

:o Doesn't look like a hood release to me, Bob; especially chrome and pulled out that far, and in the position where it's located. :confused: ;) :cool: BP

Rerun
10-02-2016, 07:44 AM
:o Doesn't look like a hood release to me, Bob; especially chrome and pulled out that far, and in the position where it's located. :confused: ;) :cool: BP

I'm seeing the hood release on the left and the hand brake on the right. Am I missing something?

64V-K7
10-02-2016, 09:14 AM

Yes, I saw that too. There is something else going on here. Compare these two pics. The one shows a definite closed position, the other what you said about it being extended.

http://www.studebaker-info.org/62gthawk204.png
ClOSED

http://www.studebaker-info.org/62gthawk212.png

OPEN

The hood release does not come out that far??!!

GrumpyOne
10-02-2016, 01:04 PM
When films are produced there is one member of the crew who is supposed to oversee continuity, IOW ensure that flow is smooth and accurate. Also, most scenes are shot out-of-sequence only to be assembled later in post production. In this case, the close ups may not even be the same car etc.

What this all means is that all of the nitpicking is laughable. This was a short film intended to be viewed once and 99.9999999% of the viewers would catch nothing thus it was a successful result.

I spent several years in documentary production both behind the camera and post production as well as shooting scripts, optical effects, titles etc.

So enjoy what you will but most of the conjecture just ain't so...

56Golden
10-02-2016, 01:47 PM
When films are produced there is one member of the crew who is supposed to oversee continuity, IOW ensure that flow is smooth and accurate. Also, most scenes are shot out-of-sequence only to be assembled later in post production. In this case, the close ups may not even be the same car etc.

What this all means is that all of the nitpicking is laughable. This was a short film intended to be viewed once and 99.9999999% of the viewers would catch nothing thus it was a successful result.

I spent several years in documentary production both behind the camera and post production as well as shooting scripts, optical effects, titles etc.

And sometimes they will do two shoots of two or more different MODELS at the same location. Appears more of this GT Hawk film should have been on the cutting room floor! Again take a real close look at the first couple seconds. Is that the super secret Lark-a-ero pick-up that existed ONLY in local legend?!?!:oops: :rolleyes::ohmy::D

8E45E
10-02-2016, 02:00 PM

It is definitely based on pre-production model(s) as I stated in Post #6. I edited my post to state its possibly not limited to just one such car.

Craig