View Full Version : Looking for Stude truck hubcaps for my 57.

10-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Just wondering if someone may have the original style "nipple" hubcaps that came on the model 57 Transtar pickups. I know you can get them from the Stude International website but thought I would try here first. I currently have Studebaker car hubcaps on my truck. Trade anyone?

10-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Has anyone ever seen those '49-'53 Truck and Commander "nipple" type Caps on a '56 to '59 Half Ton Truck? I do not believe that year range is correct.

I believe the Transtars should have a Domed Cap like the Champs but without the Raised "S". :confused:

58843 And these Front Caps. 58844

10-02-2016, 10:45 PM
As a matter if fact I have, Zillions of Parts have been swapped around over the years "though not Factory original". so He saw early Caps on a later truck,no biggie as I'm sure We'll find out how this info will effect His decision.

10-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Thanks you guys! I've seen both on the trucks and wasn't sure which were the originals for the 57 trucks. The ones I saw on the Studebaker International online catalog were the "nipple" style and listed that they were for 47-49 Commander truck and Land cruiser but also said trucks 49-59. Part number 800263. I would love to get my hands on either set vs having the Stude car hubs.

Skip Lackie
10-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Rich is correct. The nipple style was originally used on 2R trucks. The later style was a plain dome.

10-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Hupcaps.com Got mine there $100 each and perfect!