Looking for parts vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for parts vendors

Howdy all, DNG (Dang New Guy) to Studebaker ownership. I recently got my first Studebaker, 1960 Lark VIII (formerly owned by Kelly Marion). Being new to all this, I'm wondering if there is a thread with a list of parts resources? I don't expect to be able to go to my local parts store for most, if any, parts and am curious where to find stuff. As I plan on this car continuing to be a driver and not a lawn ornament, I expect to need a few things in the future. I already have noticed a couple things that warrant some investigation, "clunk" coming from the right front suspension, and figure I'll be needing some parts for that, once I find what it is that's causing it.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.
    Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Congratulations on owning a Studebaker
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
      www.studebakervendors.com

Congratulations on owning a Studebaker
      Well that was easy. Guess maybe I should have tried the Google first.

Thank you sir.
      Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Clunk is never good in the front suspension. Usually clunk is worn bushings which deteriorate with time but could be a couple of other loose parts that you don't want to be driving with if they let go.

Get it on a hoist and then you can use the vendor list you have found. It's not a complicated job to replace parts if you're able to do the job but there are a couple of safety issues to look for when disassembling it.

A forum search with Google and/or an service manual are your friends here. Congrats on your acquisition and welcome.

Bob

Comment

Where in Georgia are you located?
          Neil Thornton

Comment

No, you came to the right place..............Google would not have any information if it wasn't for Studebaker enthusiasts. Had a clunk in the front of my 66 and like others have said, the upper bushings were toast.
            Good luck and welcome to the FORUM.

[QUOTE=bumpkinvilledano;1015763]Well that was easy. Guess maybe I should have tried the Google first.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
              Clunk is never good in the front suspension. Usually clunk is worn bushings which deteriorate with time but could be a couple of other loose parts that you don't want to be driving with if they let go.

Get it on a hoist and then you can use the vendor list you have found. It's not a complicated job to replace parts if you're able to do the job but there are a couple of safety issues to look for when disassembling it.

A forum search with Google and/or an service manual are your friends here. Congrats on your acquisition and welcome.

Bob
              Hi Bob. I intend to address the issue ASAP. My work schedule has kept me out of town for 25 of the 30 days since I brought the car home. As such, I've only put about 40 miles on it. Once my schedule loosens up a bit I'm gonna get into several things as well as the "clunk".

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                Where in Georgia are you located?
                Hi Neil. I'm located in Covington

Comment

[QUOTE=thunderations;1015772]No, you came to the right place..............Google would not have any information if it wasn't for Studebaker enthusiasts. Had a clunk in the front of my 66 and like others have said, the upper bushings were toast.
                  Good luck and welcome to the FORUM.

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
                  Well that was easy. Guess maybe I should have tried the Google first.
                  Thanks for the welcome

Comment

clunk may be bad coil spring install or possibly A-arm nuts/bolts loose...

Comment

If your a-arm bushings are bad,the front tires will most likely lean in at the top.
                      Last edited by rockinhawk; 10-01-2016, 10:00 AM.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

I've found NAPA has some parts and so does Rockauto and there are several Studebaker vendors.

Comment

Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

Here are a couple other sites that may be of interest to you.
                          The first is EXTENSIVE.
                          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Dan,
                            Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club?
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                              Dan,
                              Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club?
                              Brad, yes I have just in the last week or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X