1946 front end fitment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 front end fitment.

Question here. The front end sheetmetal doesn't fit at the hood properly. It seems like it's where it wants to be. I can't raise the rear and the front is already low but it doesn't fit along the hood line. If I raise the nose it doesn't help the issue it just raises the hood too high. The peak lines up then the gap grows as it goes back. Ideas?

How do the lower side panels fit up with the hood?

Is it possible that the bottom of the front of the hood has been pushed back and has bowed out the lower sides of the hood?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

It doesn't appear to be. It is nice and straight and doesn't appear to have any damage like that.

Comment

Looks like the rear of the fenders need to be shimmed, where it attaches to the frame.

Comment

The rear of the fenders has two options for bolting to the body. There are 2 sets of holes one lower and one upper. It is currently on the upper set of holes and the line in the paint matches as if that's where it was installed before.

Comment

It looks like the rubber cushion is missing from the core support bottom middle.

Dusty Taylor

Comment

I went to the shop and looked at my 42 the fender are bolted on the bottom holes. Be sure that the hood hinges are adjust right. But as I said above about the cushion . One more thing is that the body mount cushions are letting the front of the body sag.

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Install the side aprons to the fenders then raise the rear of the fenders in the elongated holes that bolt the fenders to the body.

Comment

Working...
                X