Sudebaker Service Bulletins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudebaker Service Bulletins

A post in another thread mentioned Service Bulletins.
    My question.
    Are the bulletins available to read, anywhere on the net ?
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Search on line for Studebaker service letter index.

Comment

A few are on Packardinfo any one can view these on the site

Comment

There was a chapter back east that used to sell the complete bundle of all service bulletins. Always wished I had purchased them.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
          There was a chapter back east that used to sell the complete bundle of all service bulletins. Always wished I had purchased them.

Mark
          Still can ...the modern way ...on CDs. Either SERVICE BULLETINS or SERVICE LETTERS or BOTH here: http://www.raylinrestoration.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
            Still can ...the modern way ...on CDs. Either SERVICE BULLETINS or SERVICE LETTERS or BOTH here: http://www.raylinrestoration.com/
            I'd be very leery of just sending money to the posted address, or even using PayPal to buy at that site. This guy went belly-up several years ago, and the site is outdated. On the site, he mentions that he sometimes puts stuff on ebay. But even there, I'd use caution and definitely check his recent seller feedback rating first. Buyer beware.
            Last edited by JoeHall; 09-30-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

There I s an index on Ray,s site.

Comment

I bought the CDs some years ago, they're not complete, lots of gaps between numbers. I glad I have them though.
                Myer's Studebaker was selling service letter reprints, maybe still does. They show up on ebay fairly often, but priced way too high usually. I have full sets of bulletins and letters in my technical library, at least from about 1940 on up, plus lots of duplicate letters. I list them on ebay when I'm not too lazy.
                The pink service letters were printed as often as necessary, maybe several a month. Most of the information (but not all) later appeared in the monthly service bulletins, usually with the instruction that the pink service letter could now be destroyed. Thankfully, most were not.
                There are also green sales letters that sometimes provide otherwise obscure information.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I have duplicates of all Service Bulletins back to the beginning in 1926. Also indicies for both Service Letters (pink) and Service Bulletins. By the way Dwain the green Service Letters are for trucks.
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Dwain and I are in similar situations and have swapped copies in the past. I also have a substantial stockpile of original service letters (pink), truck service letters (green), sales letters (green), service bulletins (white, multi-page), and scattered copies of other earlier original company communications. I have taken them to York and Reedsville a few times, and sold a few, but I usually bring most of them home. The Lark-era ones are pretty common, but those from the 30s and 40s are hard to find.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Like others I have many of the Service letters, Sales Bulletins and Truck letters. However i do not have all of them. They are a good read.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                        I have duplicates of all Service Bulletins back to the beginning in 1926. Also indicies for both Service Letters (pink) and Service Bulletins. By the way Dwain the green Service Letters are for trucks.

If anyone has specific needs let me know.
                        Richard Quinn
                        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Two things:
                          My first post sorta implies that Jon Myers reprints are overpriced. They are not. The ones often seen on ebay from 'literature dealers' usually are.
                          Sales letters are printed on green paper. Earlier truck service letters are green, later ones green or pink depending.
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                            If anyone has specific needs let me know.
                            Is there an index conveniently/readily available for Joe average to have an idea what is covered ?
                            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

In the last 2 or 3 days there have been several threads with posts suggesting members see Service Bulletin # ???.
                              For the mildly curious it would be interesting to be able to view them.
                              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                              X