Front fenders - champion conestoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fenders - champion conestoga

Hi folks - might be a bit of a long shot but has anyone got a single or pair of front fenders for a 54 champion conestoga - I actually only need the rear sections near the a pillar - maybe 8 inches forward of that in case anyone has one with front damage .
    IM also in possession of quite a number of parts , like light chrome for front and rear as well as a fair number of NOS rear lenses in stude baker boxes - correct 6v seal beam units , again in boxes and some front and rear bumpers in need of re chroming - Sao would be happy to pay cash or do a trade of some description - I am however in the UK so postage may be an issue on trades .
    Thanks in advance - Jon

Rather than waste a good Fender for your Rust repair, contact Classic Enterprises for a '53-'55 rear of Front Fender Sedan/Wagon Repair Panel.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've had a look on their site and the part I need comes forward of the air vent so need a bigger section really - however it's a good option if all else fails - thanks for your advise

Comment

Could you combine the back patch with the vent patch?

Comment

65d -

Does not need to be a Champion or a Conestoga.
          Can be any 54 or "early" 55 wagon.
          Can also be off of 53 to 55 sedans.
          I bought a 54 4dr. sedan just because it has a good front end as a spare for the 54 wagon I'm building as my daily driver.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
            65d -

Does not need to be a Champion or a Conestoga.
            Can be any 54 or "early" 55 wagon.
            Can also be off of 53 to 55 sedans.
            I bought a 54 4dr. sedan just because it has a good front end as a spare for the 54 wagon I'm building as my daily driver.

Mike
            Thanks Mike - buying a whole car could be interesting as I'm in the Uk . I may have to remake them from repair panels if I can't source them and of course the vendor will send over the pond .
            I am informed mine is the only one in the country so nothing to compare with on these shores .
            Pill get there somehow or other but a pair of second hand ones would be the easiest option - even if the front sections are wrecked

Comment

What you may or may not realize, the back area of the '53-55 fenders (ALL) are dirt traps. Once the dirt is there, it holds water, and rusts through the fender from the inside, all of them. So finding fenders wrecked in front, but good in back is going to be really difficult. I have a pair (late '55, won't fit yours) that I'm going to salvage the vents from and scrap the rest, nothing else is worth saving.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3784.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	1709325Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3789.jpg
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	1709326Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3790.jpg
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	1709327Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3787.jpg
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1709328I have this parts car. As you can see, there is some rust in the rear sections. the front of the drivers side has some bondo. There are holes on top where spears were mounted. If these will help you out, let me know. Neil

Sorry they are sideways, I don't know how to rotate them.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Have you reached out to Greg Diffen of the U.K. Chapter of the SDC? He's a great Studebaker Packard resourse.
                  He's been in Canada this past summer, perhaps back home in England by now.
                  sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                  Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                  "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Tom, with a little work the late fenders can be made to fit the early car - or the other way around.

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                    What you may or may not realize, the back area of the '53-55 fenders (ALL) are dirt traps. Once the dirt is there, it holds water, and rusts through the fender from the inside, all of them. So finding fenders wrecked in front, but good in back is going to be really difficult. I have a pair (late '55, won't fit yours) that I'm going to salvage the vents from and scrap the rest, nothing else is worth saving.
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

This may not be for the absolute purist, but I have a 54 sedan with rusted fenders in the usual places and I cut the rust away with a Dremel and with a good epoxy panel adhesive attached sheet metal sections in behind for backing and filled the space with featherlite body filler, sanded, primed and paint and you can see the repair. It will last the rest of my life.

Comment

l sold a pair of NOS fronts for '53-early '55 (with some "shop wear") about 2 years ago to Russ who owns "Canadian Studebaker" in Ontario. Just google it and give him a call.
                        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

S.I. has new fenders in stock, or did the last time I was there. If you cannot find them in the US I can source either a solid used pair or N.O.S. from Australia.

Chris.

Comment

Jon, I sent You a PM - Blue Bar upper right corner.
                            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Oh, I say there ol' Chap. Are you still interested in the fenders?:
                              Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X