X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 200 mph Studebaker

Craig

Comment

Already a thread on this subject posted this morning.

Stu Chapman

Comment

First 200 MPH Studebaker ?
        Last edited by Flashback; 09-23-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
          First 200 MPH Studebaker ?
          First 200 MPH Studebaker with a Studebaker engine.

Comment

As DieselJim clarified, Ron's Avanti was the first stude-engined 200miler. There have been three 200mph Stude-engined Studes, all Avantis, and I'm pleased to say that I'm the only one to have driven all of them on the Salt, Hall's, Lange's, and Bloomberg's. C-Ks had been doing so for what seems like eternity and held the "stock bodied" record waaay past their prime. However, what most non-racers do not know is that even when classified as "stock bodied" the fast C-Ks had a large duct cut behind the rear window through to the underside of the car for handling sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
              As DieselJim clarified, Ron's Avanti was the first stude-engined 200miler. There have been three 200mph Stude-engined Studes, all Avantis, and I'm pleased to say that I'm the only one to have driven all of them on the Salt, Hall's, Lange's, and Bloomberg's. C-Ks had been doing so for what seems like eternity and held the "stock bodied" record waaay past their prime. However, what most non-racers do not know is that even when classified as "stock bodied" the fast C-Ks had a large duct cut behind the rear window through to the underside of the car for handling sake.
              Does anybody have a picture of that cut out?

That video of him running 200 mph is pretty hairy! I have often thought about how slick the salt must be (I thought it would be pretty slippery), but that video confirms it is much slicker than I ever imagined! It looks a lot like driving on ice. He was using the whole track for sure!
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
              X