This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRA Ad has Avanti

I just saw the latest NRA ad concerning women's rights to carry and there is an Avanti with peeling paint in one of the scenes! I just checked youtube and sure enough I was not dreaming:

Millions of American women are standing up to take their lives and the lives of their families into their own hands to defend themselves. The National Rifle ...
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Sure enough!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

'Good spy, Dan. We've seen that photo somewhere before, but I can't remember where.

(I think that's Dana Loesch speaking; she's a real firebrand for the Second Amendment.) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Its an Avanti II.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          'Good spy, Dan. We've seen that photo somewhere before, but I can't remember where.

(I think that's Dana Loesch speaking; she's a real firebrand for the Second Amendment.) BP
          This might be a stretch...but do you think there might be a bit of psychological subliminal message at work here? As in the "BACK TO THE FUTURE"...Flux Capacitor...Time Travel...Loss of 2nd amendment???? A rather dark association
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Too bad a nice car is associated with such a political organization.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
              Too bad a nice car is associated with such a political organization.
              The Second Amendment political??? Get a grip!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

...as am I!!!

Comment

The Second Amendment is not political. The NRA is one political organization that uses it power however they see fit to influence laws. If you read the second amendment it does state "trained Militia". If you feel the NRA is not a political organization, you should investigate it's tax status that has been set up since it's inception as well as where and who it has registered as lobbyist. Don't go jumping on our constitution to defend any organization that is purely set up to influence our countries laws be it the second amendment, fourth amendment, fifth amendment or any under the constitution.

I do think that is what Bezhawk is referring in his post. He is exercising his First Amendment rights

This should end the thread on this topic. It started as a reference to an Avanti and it should end as a reference to an Avanti II.

Bob Miles
                Tucson AZ
                Last edited by 6hk71400; 09-22-2016, 07:27 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

I am with Bob. I know I have seen that clip before. I just can't recall where...

Comment

Without intending to further steer this politically and only to make a correction and not argue about what the Second Amendment is or isn't...the NRA is actually several parts and the only one that intended to be a lobbying group is the Institute for Legislative Action and is set up differently from the rest of the NRA. The non-ILA is composed of civilian and law enforcement training divisions, hunting and conservation and olympic training among others. The ILA is the only overt political part of the NRA. The media, politicians and others commonly mistake that and consider the entire NRA one entity. The NRA is a non-profit and donations are deductible...the NRA-ILA is a lobbying organization and donations are not deductible.

While lobbying groups and lobbyists themselves are a big target of politicians and media, it all comes down to whether you support the group or groups they represent to influence legislation. If you support that group and its aims, then the lobbyists are good, effective people. If you disagree with the aims of a group or groups, then those lobbyists are evil and have a nefarious agenda. It's all politics.

And yes...it's an Avanti II in the ad. There's no reason why it can't be used in a commercial whether one agrees with or likes the sponsor or not.
                    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Political intent or not, that's sadly what it's turned into. Thread locked.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                      X