Need Outer Axle Seals -- 1955 Studebaker E7 V8 - Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Outer Axle Seals -- 1955 Studebaker E7 V8 - Iowa

Hello all. I am working HARD to find 2 outer axle seals for my '55 truck. Studebaker International did not have them.

Please help. SO CLOSE.

563 580 0387

There are many many more Studebaker Vendors out there and it would be surprising if someone didn't have them. You can measure diameter of housing and diameter of axle shaft and go to a good parts house; they can probably match it.

Comment

are these the felt ones?

Comment

Try Markham Motors. 352-528-three3o4. E-mail, bomarkhamatembrqmail.net

Comment

What model truck, and do you have the part number or the seal number off of the old seals? If you can find that information I'll try to locate the seals for you
          George

Comment

Studebaker International may not have the outer seal assembly, but they do list the felt part only in their current catalog. Page 272, #197591' $4.25 each.

By coincidence, a #197591 is also used as a front timing cover seal on '39 - '64 Champion six cylinder engines.
            Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 09-29-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
              Studebaker International may not have the outer seal assembly, but they do list the felt part only in their current catalog. Page 272, #197591' $4.25 each.

By coincidence, a #197591 is also used as a front timing cover seal on '39 - '64 Champion six cylinder engines.
              Yes. AFAIK, the complete seal has not been reproduced, though NORS ones come up on ebay pretty frequently. However, the original seal used a cork insert that is usually pretty dried out and must be carefully rejuvenated (sp?) so it can be installed without tearing. It's a lot easier to dig it out and replace it with the felt Champion timing gear seal.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
              X