Instrument cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Instrument cluster

Goodday everyone,i wondering if i need to remove the whole dash to get to the remaining instruments I cant see how access is gained to them ,Much appreciated Ray
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0210.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1751806

Originally posted by brooker View Post
    Goodday everyone,i wondering if i need to remove the whole dash to get to the remaining instruments I cant see how access is gained to them ,Much appreciated Ray
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]58583[/ATTACH]
    Here's one way! :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	PART95145581603536995PART95145581603343195Image1455816033377.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1709202
    Bill L.
    1962 GT Hawk

Comment

thanks for that tip RG but if i did that like you are in the pic i would be accessing the glove box considering its a right hand drive ,what i would like to know is the center cluster 1 complete unit that can only be acessed by dropping the dash out because i cant see from LAYING on my back (similar to your pic) whether they come out individuly,or are a complete sealed unit,,

Comment

They come out individually. That doesn't mean that they come out easily.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

It was over 50 years ago that I worked on the dash gauges on a GT, and I didn't have the benefit of the steering column out of the way ( it looks like yours is out). I found it easier to drop the dash as a unit, not too bad, just need the manual to tell you where the mount bolts are. Easier than working upside down and backwards for me. If only one gauge, not worth it but if you are pulling all of them-that's the direction I'd go, easier to trace the wiring at the same time and fix any prior goofs.

Comment

Originally posted by brooker View Post
            ....I cant see how access is gained to them.....
            Most Hawks from 56 on, all have a similar environment. It looks like you have all the interfering bits removed already... Each pair (L/R) of gauges are contained in a metal box and the fastening nuts are obvious. Mark any wires before you remove them, undo the nuts and the boxes fall backward with the gauges inside. The speedo is likewise held by a couple metal brackets ( no box). Just undo the cable, bracket nuts and pop the bulb out of the case. If you remove the speedo first, you have easier access to the gauges.
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
            X