Two-in-One!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-in-One!

I don't remember ever attending two car shows in one day before, but we did just that on Saturday!.....Took our '63 Avanti to a nice show in the morning/early afternoon, then brought out the '55 Speedster (The Doctor's Car) for a smaller 'early evening' show.

There were some interesting cars at both shows, and this 'early fall' weather has been PERFECT!!

Check out my friend Dennis's 1936 Cord....an outstanding classic automobile!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SN-60; 09-19-2016, 05:24 PM.

A few more random shots....How about that '49 Champion Starlight belonging to my friend Wayne!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

This '55 Bird had something in common with 'The Doctor's Car'(besides the year)........a Borg Warner 3spd with overdrive 'On The Floor'!
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm not a big Corvette/Mustang fan, but the workmanship we see in some of these engine compartments is truly outstanding!
        Attached Files

Comment

I miss the New England car shows...

Comment

What a great double header day. Thanks for the pics.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I L O V E the Cord's dash!!!

Comment

Definitely not Stude related, but I'd guess that a lot of you dig classic Indian motorcycles. (I sure do!) This gorgeous '51 Chief turned up at the 'early show'!
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone would want 'Lambo' doors on their Monte Carlo, but whatever 'floats your boat' I guess!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ed,
                    Thanks for all the nice pix. Looks like a great time was had by all. I am sure you have noticed the 55-56 T' Birds used the same spun aluminum for their dashes as did 56-61 Stude Hawks.

Also, looks like that Indian did not stray far from its birthplace Springfield, Ma

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                      Ed,
                      Thanks for all the nice pix. Looks like a great time was had by all. I am sure you have noticed the 55-56 T' Birds used the same spun aluminum for their dashes as did 56-61 Stude Hawks.

Also, looks like that Indian did not stray far from its birthplace Springfield, Ma

Yes Joe, They called the Indian factory "The Wigwam"......(I wonder if the Studebaker factories had a nickname??)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                        Ed,
                        So did 1942 Commanders and Presidents, they used the same engine-turned design, but I believe it was stainless steel.

Craig

Comment

I really liked this '66 Mustang!....What a nice little car!...The owner converted the car from automatic to four speed during its restoration!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            So did 1942 Commanders and Presidents, they used the same engine-turned design, but I believe it was stainless steel.

Craig
                            Hi Craig,

Not to mention the '55 Speedsters.

Mark
                            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

My friend Dennis left in his Cord this past Friday for an auto show at Saratoga Springs, New York. (which is quite a drive from Boston)......Two years ago, he drove this Cord from Boston to Indiana for the Aurburn Cord Duesenberg festival.

Dennis DRIVES this baby!!....We ALL should be driving our collector cars more!!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X