PDA

View Full Version : '59 Lark 4 Door

Buzzard
09-15-2016, 11:37 AM
I just picked up a '59 Lark 4 door sedan yesterday for some much needed parts for my '59 2 door HT project. The body appears pretty much rust free. Is there anyone out there requiring anything for their own projects? If so pm me and I'll see if it's available.
Cheers, Bill

BILT4ME
09-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Hey Great!

Yeah, I need the left rear window for a 59 2DHTP! Just pack it up and send it on down!!!!...............

Buzzard
09-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately that is NOT the one I am parting out, that's the one I'm resurrecting. For correction purposes, the parts car is actually a 1960 4 door sedan.
I have yours' in my registry. Good luck with it.
Bill

BILT4ME
09-19-2016, 01:09 PM
I know....I was just goofing on you! I really do need a LR window though.........

Buzzard
09-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Can you put the four door rear on your copier and enlarge it?

kamzack
09-19-2016, 11:26 PM
Would be interested in the front doors if they pretty clean and bottoms not rusted out.
Kim
hudsonbaker@myexcel.com

Buzzard
09-20-2016, 12:21 AM
I'll check them out thoroughly for you and get back to you. pm me so others' don't have to deal with my drivel!

Bill

cultural infidel
09-20-2016, 10:14 AM
Pictures of the donor car would probably help those looking for parts

Buzzard
09-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the "heads up"-Will do.
Also I was mistaken on the year-it is a 1960 base model 4 door sedan.

Buzzard
09-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks infidel, here you go!5863358634586355863658637 pm me with your needs or requests. NOTE: It is a 1960 not a '59 as previously stated.

Mrs K Corbin
09-23-2016, 06:53 AM
That looks too good to part out..

TWChamp
09-23-2016, 08:34 AM
That looks too good to part out..

I agree. That looks like a very nice clean rust free Lark.

Buzzard
09-23-2016, 01:04 PM
I agree. That looks like a very nice clean rust free Lark.
I agree but the fellow I got it from tried for several years to find it a good home. As such my decision is to assist me in getting my rust free, low mileage '59 Lark 2 Door Hardtop, V8 Auto back on the road after 40+ years. You can only imagine how much Grandma tortured the body in her few years of driving. I cut polished off three different colors transferred from cars she hit from the driver's side alone. She hit and tore open the right front fender and nose, not to mention the other right side damage. I guess there was truth in advertising:" There wasn't a garage door opening or a ditch which Grandma missed". How hard do you have to hit and pull a bumper to tear the bumper bolts right THROUGH the bumper? So that is why this bare bones stripper is being donated.5864858649 Cheers, Bill

PS: As I was once told "You can't save them all".

63t-cab
09-23-2016, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't sweat it,the reason this Fella and Your Self can't find it a good Home is. because It has Two Doors too many !,then maybe the wrong Coast,then maybe if It's a Six that's a no go :rolleyes:. not speaking for My Self, but that's usually the Pitch.

I agree but the fellow I got it from tried for several years to find it a good home. As such my decision is to assist me in getting my rust free, low mileage '59 Lark 2 Door Hardtop, V8 Auto back on the road after 40+ years. You can only imagine how much Grandma tortured the body in her few years of driving. I cut polished off three different colors transferred from cars she hit from the driver's side alone. She hit and tore open the right front fender and nose, not to mention the other right side damage. I guess there was truth in advertising:" There wasn't a garage door opening or a ditch which Grandma missed". How hard do you have to hit and pull a bumper to tear the bumper bolts right THROUGH the bumper? So that is why this bare bones stripper is being donated.5864858649 Cheers, Bill

PS: As I was once told "You can't save them all".

StudeRich
09-23-2016, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately, about ALL you could use on your Hardtop is, the Hood, Decklid, Front Panel and Right Front Fender.
And I don't think you even Need the Hood and Decklid, so only TWO Parts, plus spares for the Grille, Heater Vent/Parking Lights and Head Light Rims.

Really not enough to part out a rust free Body like that, but it IS after all Your Car.

Whenever you see a Lark or ANY (Rust Prone Year) '53 to '63 Studebaker, with NO Rust through at the Rear of Front Fenders, it HAS to be a way better than average Car. :ohmy:

cultural infidel
09-23-2016, 04:48 PM
How is the interior?

Buzzard
09-24-2016, 11:45 AM
The interior is dry rot shot. Very little to salvage there. There is also what looks to me to be a station wagon folding seat assembly included with the car.Not clear what they were going to do with it. Any interest anyone as I could take pics if requested? And in answer to Rich's post# 15, it is the right front fender and front apron I am really after as mine is really torn up. For the record it is a bare bones flathead six, 3 speed column standard, no OD. Dog dish caps and even the headlamp rings are painted. If it helps me get my Hardtop mobile I'll be a happy camper. Already the rear bumper has vastly improved the looks of my hardtop.
Bill

BILT4ME
09-26-2016, 12:24 AM
The interior is dry rot shot. Very little to salvage there. There is also what looks to me to be a station wagon folding seat assembly included with the car.Not clear what they were going to do with it. Any interest anyone as I could take pics if requested? And in answer to Rich's post# 15, it is the right front fender and front apron I am really after as mine is really torn up. For the record it is a bare bones flathead six, 3 speed column standard, no OD. Dog dish caps and even the headlamp rings are painted. If it helps me get my Hardtop mobile I'll be a happy camper. Already the rear bumper has vastly improved the looks of my hardtop.
Bill

Do the 4 door front fenders fit the 2 door cars? I didn't think they did?!?!?!?

That front grille surround (I think that's what you call it....) looks really nice. I need one for my car, but I'm afraid that freight will kill that deal.

StudeRich
09-26-2016, 12:28 AM
All Lark Body Styles are the same from the Windshield forward.