1963 GT Hawk seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1963 GT Hawk seats

The October 1993 article by Fred Fox in Turning Wheels covers the 1963 GT Hawks. On page 16, under Options & Accessories it lists the following: Interior Upholstery (cloth & vinyl) 14, Interior Upholstery (all vinyl) 14, Matching vinyl seat inserts for above 14A. What is the difference between all vinyl 14 and 14A?
    Peter Bishop

Often the inserts were white heat pleated vinyl, and not a matching color.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

So Red seats with white inserts were coded 14 and red seats with red inserts were coded 14A?
      Peter Bishop

Comment

I'll say yes, until I learn differently. Then I will say I never said yes. (shoulda gone into politics)
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
          So Red seats with white inserts were coded 14 and red seats with red inserts were coded 14A?
          Yes, that is correct, Matching Inserts 14A would match the Bolster Color, Many '62's had Standard White, #14 Vinyl Insert Seats.

That leaves "Cloth" Insert Type, with only one option, Matching Color Cloth Inserts.

Few buyers in the 50's & '60's wanted them because they soiled, but nowadays we think more about the Comfort of very Cold or very Hot characteristics of Vinyl especially in Cold Climates.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So true, except today you get one or two choices and need to get a specific "trim level" to get what you prefer--no mix and match-almost like Henry Ford's wisdom-any color you want, as long as it's black.

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
              So true, except today you get one or two choices and need to get a specific "trim level" to get what you prefer--no mix and match-almost like Henry Ford's wisdom-any color you want, as long as it's black.
              Yep, and usually very exciting Colors too, like Gray or Tan!
              That would be just ONE reason of many, to never Go There! NEW, Bad!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Another reason for cloth is that it is warmer to sit on in winter and cooler in summer. Try and find a current car with a real color such as green blue red or anything that would have contrast

Comment

Working...
                X