My son and my 62 GT Hawk ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son and my 62 GT Hawk ..

My son took my f150 to work this morning as his truck wouldn't start .. I needed my truck to do some errands around town and pick up some lumber so I took the GT Hawk out to the Ford Dealer where he works and traded vehicles .. After work he came home and found me chilling out on the back deck having a cool beer .. He was all smiles and said " WOW I just love that car and love to drive it " .. It really made my day to hear that .. A lot of my car friends will not let their kids drive there pride and joys and are shocked when they hear that I'm fine with my son driving the Hawk . He is a good driver and is 26 now and he knows the car means a lot to me and is careful with it .. (I think) hehe .. Anyone else let their kids or grand kids take the car out for a spin ?? I think its a great way to introduce the younger crowd to the world of Studebaker ..
    Love my Lark

That sounds like a nice impromptu bonding moment. May your life be full of them.
    My sons are 7 and 5, so it will be a while. They do enjoy it from the back seat, though - especially the crank windows!
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Jett289 I had two corvette's when my son was in high school. A 75 with 4 sp and 76 with auto and he drove either one to school when his old nova wouldn't run or so he said. I'am sure if I had the hawk at the time there's is days he would have driven that. I trusted him as he got all his speed issues out on the weekends in a 10 sec vega.

Comment

My son borrowed my Hawk earlier this year to take some of his friends for a cruise through the hills in an "old car".
        Ironically my wife and I had gone out in my ute, and on the way home, through the rear vision mirror, I could see my 62 Hawk coming up in the distance.
        It is a great feeling seeing the young guys having fun "fat arming" down the highway on a nice sunny day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1709089
        sigpic

Comment

One of my twin boys just got his drivers license this week, his '55 two door sedan should be on the road in a month. Then there will be a new 18 year old Stude owner/driver on the road in Oz.
          Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Way too go down under Matt

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
            One of my twin boys just got his drivers license this week, his '55 two door sedan should be on the road in a month. Then there will be a new 18 year old Stude owner/driver on the road in Oz.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Some great stories for sure .. My dad was or is a Thunderbird man and so I learned to drive on one and he always trusted me with his T-Birds . Even the 76 Bird with the 490 gorilla that idled terrible but man it would go .. I'm sure he must of wondered why the rear tires would wear quicker then the fronts .. lol .
              Love my Lark

Comment

My son drove my 66 when he was in high school. My daughters boyfriend likes to drive the 51 when given the chance. He would also like to learn how to shift three on the tree in the ole Champ. So, I am trying to get the younger generation interested in Studes
                1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

My son lets me drive his R2 Lark any time I want.

Comment

Awesome DieselJim ... My son has a turbo ranger that is very fun and fast .. I'm allowed to drive it as well .
                    Love my Lark

Comment

Working...
                    X