Rear glass rubber seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear glass rubber seal

Have ran into a problem with 3 rear glass rubber seals I purchased from SI about 2 years ago. No matter what I try they will not seat down into the body correctly. Have put many in over the years with no issues. Has any one else ran into this. Cars are C and Ks. Have had issues with Avantis being a little small but these don't seat in to body. I have tried these on 2 different cars with same results. Before I'm chastised for posting SI said I should for input. Thanks

I installed mine ('54 K) last year with a gasket from SI purchased 2 years ago, no problems.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

I am thinking, since it is impossible to determine the date of MFG. these could be from a different source or Mold than the current issue Seals, so maybe Apples to Oranges. That needs to be known before the issue can be fixed.

The only thing we know for sure is, if you got them from S.I. 2 years ago they are NOT NOS because they have been gone for a very long time for C & K models.

I am sure S.I. will work with us to cure the issue.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have seen this discussion before. All you out there in the know, tell us others who has the best ones or how many different people actually make the windshield and back glass rubbers? I guess there are only a very few that actually make them and others are just vendors? I am not too far of to needing one (I hope).

Comment

Working...
        X