Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1951 Studebaker 2r-16a 1 1/2 ton dually need rear brake shoes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: 1951 Studebaker 2r-16a 1 1/2 ton dually need rear brake shoes....

I have a 51 stude dump bed I can't find any rear brake shoes for. Studebaker used Wagner lockheed brake systems the rears are 14 1/8 " x 3" model number on the shoe is "FE-1420" I have searched and searched I'm about ready to take the cores and have them relined. Anyone have any information on this??

Minneapolis Brake and Equipment can reline your shoes. 612-378-3141

Comment

Although you're likely to find someone in Utah that can do it, I had my truck shoes done at Reno Brake Inc. I would think a good shop is going to want the drums as well in order to ensure everything's aligned and matching, that's what they did for my '53 2R17.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Brakes 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1708975Click image for larger version

Name:	Brakes 012.jpg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1708976Click image for larger version

Name:	Brakes 013.JPG
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	1708977
      I thought better about testing things with the existing hydrovac to see if it worked and ended up having them send it to a rebuilder. They didn't have rebuild kits for sale, perhaps you could search and find that to take on. They sent mine out, I got it 3 days later, from Sacramento, and it was $300 total, including shipping. About $240 w/o shipping or tax. fyi. I'm still f ing around with the clips holding the brake lines on to the frame so I can pull the old line off and measure out new line.
      Last edited by LeoH; 09-10-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

2r-16a brakes

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
        Minneapolis Brake and Equipment can reline your shoes. 612-378-3141
        thank you for your input if I don't find anyone local I'll take you up on that

Comment

Thank you for your input, your brakes look great! I can relate with fighting to get the old lines off mine were a bit of a,challenge to say the least lol! I'm pretty sure that my system was filled with mineral spirits from back in the day all my lines master cylinder and wheel cylinders were plugged solid a true test of my patience I think lol!! I did find rebuild kits for the master and wheel cylinders front and back are different . For anyone else with this same issues and brake set up. Raybestos for all the kits master cylinder part # mk-1 front wheel cylinders part # wk-101 rear kit is wk-123

Comment

I still haven't gotten in to the rears yet. My chore tomorrow is to drain and drop the tank so I can get at one of the clips that apparently is between the hydrovac and the master cylinder, so that means down comes the gas tank.
            I did the m/c and front cylinders and cleaned up the backing plates and have new flex hoses. One thing at a time....
            I don't have the receipt handy. I'm 90% sure this is who they sent my hydrovac to for rebuild: http://www.powerbrakes.com/

Comment

Working...
            X