Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker/Packard/Mercedes-Benz Family Reunion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker/Packard/Mercedes-Benz Family Reunion!

The Eastern North Carolina Chapter would like to cordially invite you to The 2016 Studebaker/Packard/Mercedes-Benz Family Reunion on Saturday, November 5, starting at 1:00pm in Raleigh, NC!

What started as a simple club meet has turned into quite a re-gathering of the old gang. We asked Joe Parsons (58 Hawk here on the forum) to give his presentation on the Studebaker/Mercedes-Benz connection. Then Joe mentioned that the local Mercedes-Benz club might be interested in hearing the story as well, so we invited them. Then one of their members said he was also a member of the Old Dominion Packard Club and asked if THEY could come! So now it looks like we will have all three marques that shared showrooms in 1957-58 represented together again on November 5!

The meet will take place on the grounds of Oak View County Park, 4028 Carya Drive, Raleigh, just off Poole Road at I-440. The official start time is 1:00pm, but we expect some of our members to start arriving earlier. Oak View is a restored 19th-century farmstead and national historic district located east of downtown Raleigh. Joe's presentation is set to begin in the farmhouse parlor at 2:00pm and run about 45 minutes. Following that, everyone is welcome to stay and show off the cars, which is what it's all about, of course!

It sounds like we could have 50 or more cars among the three clubs, which would be terrific. There is no charge...just show up!
    I'm sure there will be questions. Feel free to contact me here or email me at SPMBreunion@gmail.com. Ya’ll come…and BRING THE FAMILY!
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

See if you can get the local M-B dealer involved for sponsorship of some sort.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Craig
      I like how you think, Craig!
      Mike Davis

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Craig
        If nothing else, they should be glad to display a few 2017 models. Our local dealer already has 2017 models as their service loaners.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Pick out some of these to print and put in cheap frames.

For example:
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Rockne, we are on the same page (no pun intended). Here is the front and back of our flyer:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	car show flyer 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1708966Click image for larger version

Name:	SPMB ad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1708967
            Mike Davis

Comment

Using the 1958 newspaper insert cover is an excellent choice as it has all three marques on the one page.

Craig

Comment

Just a reminder that the "Family Reunion" is coming up a week from Saturday, November 5 in Raleigh, NC. I spoke with the president of the local M-B Club today and his folks are very excited about this. I have heard from people as far away as Alabama who may drive up for this event. Ya'll come!
                Mike Davis

Comment

Mike has been working hard on this event and I cannot wait to be there.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                    Mike has been working hard on this event and I cannot wait to be there.
                    I will be attending.............
                    Jack White
                    Charlotte,NC
                    North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

I wish it were closer. i'd love to bring my 39 ce which is powered by an 1983 Mercedes turbo diesel. I always loved the Mercedes Studebaker connection!
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Thanks for the kudos, Joe. I think it will be a day to remember. Jack, I hope you and Linda can bring the convertible!
                        Mike Davis

Comment

One last reminder! The "Family Reunion" is this Saturday, November 5, at Oak View County Park, 4028 Carya Drive, Raleigh, NC, just off Poole Road at I-440. Forecast calling for sunshine and 65 degrees...a perfect day to see three great marques, back together again for the first time since 1958!

If you would like to join the Eastern NC Chapter for lunch, we're meeting at 11:00am, Drop me a PM ASAP.
                          Mike Davis

Comment

Come on NCSDC members...................
                            Great way to spend a Saturday.
                            Jack White
                            Jack White
                            Charlotte,NC
                            North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

The Reunion was a lot of fun. Thanks to all who attended and contributed. I'll have pictures up soon along with a forthcoming article in TW.
                              Mike Davis

Comment

Working...
                              X