Bickleton WA car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bickleton WA car show

A good showing of Studebakers at the annual Bickleton WA car show, co-sponsored by the Central WA SDC (Mostly David and Audrey Haynes). This small town is in the Horse Heaven Hills among wheat fields, and windmills. Interestingly, the '50 Champion sits on an S-10 frame and running gear.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bickelton 2016011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1751651Click image for larger version

Name:	bickelton 2016013.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1751653Click image for larger version

Name:	bickelton 2016006.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1751654Click image for larger version

Name:	bickelton 2016005.jpg
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1751655Click image for larger version

Name:	bickelton 2016007.jpg
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1751656Click image for larger version

Name:	bickelton 2016015.jpg
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1751657Click image for larger version

Name:	bickelton 2016008.jpg
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1751658

Very Nice looking Washington Studes!

Is that the Red '54 Champion 4 door that just sold on Craigslist/eBay? I remembered it had those narrow '53 Sedan Bumper Guards.
    I think it was in Corona, Calif. so maybe not.

Nice '60 Lark and "X" Whatcom County Chapter Member, Tom Smith's '55 Truck.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-03-2016, 07:38 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Very Nice looking Washington Studes!

Is that the Red '54 Champion 4 door that just sold on Craigslist/eBay? I remembered it had those narrow '53 Sedan Bumper Guards.
      I think it was in Corona, Calif. so maybe not.

Nice '60 Lark and "X" Whatcom County Chapter Member, Tom Smith's '55 Truck.
      Rich-The '53 Champion was bought by a local member from Salem OR a couple years ago. It looks to have an older repaint, but the car has less than 50K. It's the "low performance" model; Champ 6 with Auto!

Comment

Yep another Champion with a DG Automatic, the primary reason why I did not buy that REALLY nice low mileage, Red '54 Champion 4 Door in Corona, CA. last Month.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like a great turnout Bruce, and a lot of nice cars. Is that Jerry's pre-war and did he sell it? It is just an outstanding car.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Kelstrom View Post
            Looks like a great turnout Bruce, and a lot of nice cars. Is that Jerry's pre-war and did he sell it? It is just an outstanding car.
            Hey Don-
            Yes that is Jerry Gieseke's '27 that the had to sell due to health issues. A local pre-war car guy bought it and finished installing the drive train etc. and Jerry was able to supervise! Both of them drove it the 60 odd miles to Bickleton and back! We are all glad to see it on the road......

Comment

Bruce, Glad to see that stayed local and is being driven. I am in awe of the work Jerry does. Can't wait to see the electric wagon on the road.

Comment

Working...
              X