need a avanti hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: need a avanti hood

Hey all, im looking for a good hood for 63r3623 I have. also if some has a used front bumper, some what cheap, but most Importantly , I need a hood.

Eric
    1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.
    Just purchased 63r-3623 R2 was a auto now dressed to a R3 with a4speed.

I have hood. Will need some work. Front bumpers are 3 pieces. I have those as well. Pm me.
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

In another post (use Search) on this SDC Forum is a guy parting out Avantis. He will bring parts to the Dunkirk, NY flea market. Contact him in advance for what you want him to bring. Since you are in NYS, this may be a good alternative related to shipping.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Endl98 View Post
        Hey all, im looking for a good hood for 63r3623 I have. also if some has a used front bumper, some what cheap, but most Importantly , I need a hood.

Eric
        The hood went bad on the 'Old Girl'? (3623)......Ed

Comment

no. its at the body shop we use, and apparently he had it laying outside on the side of his building. it fell over and someone ran it over, so now he is looking for one , so im looking as well.
          1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            In another post (use Search) on this SDC Forum is a guy parting out Avantis. He will bring parts to the Dunkirk, NY flea market. Contact him in advance for what you want him to bring. Since you are in NYS, this may be a good alternative related to shipping.
            ugh, couldnt be any farther away, I live on Long Island. LOL

Comment

If the body shop destroyed the hood then they should just call the local Studebaker/Avanti dealer for a replacement. OH Wait! There aren't any in business! In my mind, he broke it, it's his job to get another one and 7 hrs is a bit of a drive but certainly not that long in the scope of finding Avanti body parts.

As a suggestion, see if someone is heading toward you in the next few weeks that could pick it up or, if someone could pick it up and store it until you need a vacation. I would think that there is a possibility that someone closer to you will be at the show and could take it home with them.

And yes, you could be a lot farther away! The closest car in my signature was 3 hours away from me. The 54K came from Duncan, SC and the silver Avanti from northern Vermont. Every one of them came to Michigan behind my pickup.

Good luck, It'll work out, just needs a bit more muscle. Bob
              Last edited by sweetolbob; 08-30-2016, 06:19 AM.

Comment

I believe that it is a lot closer than the one graciously offered in Texas.
                To me, a hood would be a difficult and expensive part to safely ship.
                The guy that is parting out the Avantis is in Pennsylvania. It may be closer than Dunkirk to you.
                You are complaining about the part being in the same state. I think of the hundreds of miles that I have driven for Studebaker parts and the interstate travel for Studebakers and Avantis.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The body shop is dealing with the hood, he has been calling around to find one and has been striking out, except 1 person who is having foot surgery and will be away for a month, I offered to help as I know both the body shop and the person I sold the car too. I have a good lead on one, waiting to see pics and what shipping will cost. but other than that , it is up to the body shop,

studegary, I aint complaining but driving across the entire state . But it will cost more in fuel than shipping.
                  plus the PA guy does not have a hood and its 71 parts.
                  Last edited by Endl98; 08-30-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

my friend has a donor 1964 Avanti that he will part out. Call me tomorrow 917 714 8584 Mark
                    location is South Jersey off of exit 109

Comment

or text me if you want the lead on the 64 Avanti hood and front bumper

Comment

Check out this craigslist post
                        * http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...753277184.html

We are selling numerous parts for different model Studebakers including the Avanti. We have hoods, fenders, 1/4 panels, roofs, doors, trunks, dashboards, Two Avanti frames, and Avanti driveshaft, motor block, and transmissions.
                        64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

Need a wood grained ash tray lid for a '64, how can he be contacted?
                          Originally posted by mch View Post
                          my friend has a donor 1964 Avanti that he will part out. Call me tomorrow 917 714 8584 Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mch View Post
                            I have a lead on a 63 hood. im being told the 63 hood is year specific, and 64 hoods have a hinge in a different location, lets see how this one goes and if its a no go, I will contact you.

Comment

Although the original '63 hood is indeed different from a 'square light '64 Avanti hood...the two will interchange.

The only (technical) difference is the elimination of the '63 inner construction 'cross brace', and also the well-nuts which attach the hood support 'rod' were moved to the opposite side in '64.

The hood L & R hinge locations are exactly the same on both year Avanti hoods!

So, unless R-3623 is being brought back to perfectly factory 'stock', grab that '64 hood!!

Comment

Working...
                              X