usads.center.com Ad ID 95904 SCAM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usads.center.com Ad ID 95904 SCAM!!!

Just letting you all know of this scam ad. The poster of this ad doesn't own this 1956 Studebaker Goldenhawk. Beware! I've contacted usads.center.com and trovit.com to let them know. A thank you goes out to Frank Ambrogio in Florida for his help on this.

I don't understand the scam. When I went to usads.center.com I got redirected to https://www.center.io and there wasn't anything there that made sense.

Can you provide us with a little more information? Was it about a car? How did you hear about it? How did you find out it was a scam? ?????
    Last edited by The old lady; 08-29-2016, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I 'found' a 1956 Studebaker Goldenhawk on trovit.com a couple of weeks ago. It was part of usads.center.com. There were only 2 pictures of the car, so I emailed the seller for some more. The seller sent about 10 more pictures. I had 2-3 emails back and forth regarding the car. The seller seemed knowledgable but I was getting a bad vibe. I noticed the engine was different and therefore emailed Frank Ambrogio in Florida. I gave him the VIN and he said he thought it belonged to one of the 56J members. He did some research and he discovered this member still owned the car.
      I alerted the two websites regarding the car and they have probably removed the ad. Upon talking with the member of the 56J club, Frank discovered that this was the second incident for this car. Account must have been hacked(Facebook)?
      Anyway, the person I dealt with was 'Nicholas Latino' and apparently for the other incident the name 'Arriana Garcia' was used.
      No money was exchanged in either case.
      Be careful.

Comment

My opinion is, if you are looking anywhere besides Turning Wheels Magazine and eBay for a Studebaker to purchase, you already have your neck under the Guillotine, so Look out!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

"My opinion is, if you are looking anywhere besides Turning Wheels Magazine and eBay for a Studebaker to purchase, you already..." Good grief! How jaded have we become???

Comment

I'm thinking Hemmings is probably a pretty safe bet as well...
            1950 Commander Land Cruiser
            1951 Champion Business Coupe
            1951 Commander Starlight
            1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
            1953 Champion Starlight
            1953 Commander Starliner
            1953 2R5
            1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
            1957 Silver Hawk
            1957 3E5 Pick-Up
            1959 Silver Hawk
            1961 Hawk
            1962 Cruiser 4 speed
            1963 Daytona Convertible
            1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
            1965 Cruiser
            1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
              I'm thinking Hemmings is probably a pretty safe bet as well...

Or your local paper,craigslist, auctions other than E-bay,classic car lots,......Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X