58 G.H. Tach sending unit info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 G.H. Tach sending unit info

I have a tach. sending unit but it does not fit my 58 Hawk distributor. The distributor is Delco-Remy. And the info before i got the sending unit said it was for Delco-Remy. But it must be for older one. There is a number stamped on the sending unit "762 S X7" if that is any help.
    I need to know if anyone knows the correct number for the 58 Hawk. Is there a possibility that someone has what i need and will to trade for the one i have. It is excellent condition.
    I just found out that it seems to be for Mallory.

Don
    Last edited by don samborski; 08-24-2016, 10:13 AM.
    sigpic
    58 Golden Hawk
    DSamborski
    Pillager, MN

Originally posted by don samborski View Post
    I have a tach. sending unit but it does not fit my 58 Hawk distributor. The distributor is Delco-Remy. And the info before i got the sending unit said it was for Delco-Remy. But it must be for older one. There is a number stamped on the sending unit "762 S X7" if that is any help.
    I need to know if anyone knows the correct number for the 58 Hawk. Is there a possibility that someone has what i need and will to trade for the one i have. It is excellent condition.
    I just found out that it seems to be for Mallory. Don
    You have a Stewart-Warner Tach sending unit built in 1957

To find the correct one for your distributor (and maybe work out an exchange) I'd give Brent Hagen a call (971) 219-9687 or email to: ghawk352@effectnet.com

In the meanwhile you might also want to take a look at this: http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/tachom...structions.pdf

Comment

Brent has one he will swap. Thanks
      Originally posted by 56golden View Post
      you have a stewart-warner tach sending unit built in 1957

to find the correct one for your distributor (and maybe work out an exchange) i'd give brent hagen a call (971) 219-9687 or email to: ghawk352@effectnet.com

in the meanwhile you might also want to take a look at this: http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/tachom...structions.pdf
      sigpic
      58 Golden Hawk
      DSamborski
      Pillager, MN

Comment

Working...
      X