PDA

View Full Version : '56 Golden Hawk at Pebble Beach 2016

Andy R.
08-22-2016, 10:56 PM
My mother-in-law shot this photo from the 2016 Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance in Carmel, CA last Thursday. She said it was received very well and garnered a lot of interest from spectators. It is my favorite event of the Pebble Beach car week, for it proves the roadworthiness of the entries and acts as a tie-breaker if two cars in the same class have the same score. All the different sounds and engine configurations are a real treat to witness en route to Big Sur before returning to park on Ocean Ave. in Carmel for free public viewing.

A featured class for 2016 is "Two-Man Indianapolis Racing Cars 1930-37". I'm unsure if there were any Studebakers invited, but I sure hope so!

Anyone know the car/driver?

https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8221/28882813820_711a23b85f_c.jpg

StudeRich
08-22-2016, 11:40 PM
Very Nice looking Golden Hawk, too Bad about the missing rear splash pan, wrong exhausts and Extensions though.

I don't know how their Judging goes at Pebble Beach, but it might only be a 6 Point originality deduction at an SDC Meet,
but at THE $$ Pebble Beach, what ...25 Points, for 3 very obvious errors?

drrotor
08-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Very Nice looking Golden Hawk, too Bad about the missing rear splash pan, wrong exhausts and Extensions though.

I don't know how their Judging goes at Pebble Beach, but it might only be a 6 Point originality deduction at an SDC Meet,
Say, Rich-- Did you happen to notice anything nice about the car? Looks to be a lovely Hawk to me...

StudeRich
08-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Say, Rich-- Did you happen to notice anything nice about the car? Looks to be a lovely Hawk to me...

As a matter of fact I did:
Quote: "Very Nice looking Golden Hawk"

It did have a nice original looking Ceramic Green and Arctic White Paint job though.

SN-60
08-23-2016, 06:04 AM

I believe that splash pan is 'just visible' Rich.....Beautiful car! :!:

56Golden
08-23-2016, 06:27 AM
<snip>It did have a nice original looking Ceramic Green and Arctic White Paint job though.

WOW ...Rich really does have a sharp eye for detail. I would have thought it looked more like Ceramic Green and SNOWCAP white.;):D

Very nice 56J and what an honor to be seen at PB!!!

JoeHall
08-23-2016, 07:27 AM
I definitely see the splash pan

56Golden
08-23-2016, 08:36 AM
I definitely see the splash pan

Sure looks like it!!!:)

Both tailpipes are hanging about 2" lower than they should be if attached per engineering design. That coupled with the camera angle create a "GAP" and give the illusion the rear bumper gravel deflector is missing.

sgriggs
08-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Nice looking car. I like the color combination and have come to appreciate the 56J. I like the 56J's more restrained tail fins.

bezhawk
08-23-2016, 12:32 PM
it doesn't have the optional backup lights either. It looks like the Mile Migelia car, it has a munber sticker on the doors