Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Studes in Chicago-Land

'Sorry I'm a few years late getting this out :

Dick Quinn has probably already snapped up the '41....assuming he could talk the guy down to $245. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

The Studebakers are tempting but a 1962 Olds Starfire for $60.90 a month? Where's my billfold?
    Rick
    Kingman, AZ

Comment

Thanks for holding out on us Bob.

Comment

Thanks for posting Mr. Palmer. Boy how times have changed. If I'd have only known how things were going to work out I'd have bought a few more cars and motorcycles back in the day. I did get a few early British sports cars from the late 50's for cheap. My favorite was the 59' Triumph TR3 and the 53' Triumph Thunderbird motorcycle . I bought the TR3 for $600.00 and the Thunderbird for $350.00 back in 1969 and 1971 respectively. I enjoyed them for a few years and doubled my money when I sold them. I thought I was really smart. It hurts to realize the value of these vehicles today. Ce la vie!

Comment

I still have the 68 Pontiac Le Mans convertible I bought the end of March 1974 for $500. The way prices are going I'll keep it longer too!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Did you see the overhaul labor on an automatic transmission? $33.50 PLUS free towing! How times have changed!!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
            X